Scenario Updates - Does it update active saves?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by shinooni, Jun 28, 2020.

1. shinooni

shinooni Ensign

Hi,
    Haven't found a direct answer for my curiosity.
    I am currently running a dedicated server - If a scenario is updated does the the configuration changes get updated in an already started save?

If they don't get mirrored is there a manual way of updating the configuration changes?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

For dedicated servers you must copy over the scenario again from your main PC to the dedicated server.

Note that most changes only apply to a NEW game.

3. shinooni

shinooni Ensign

Okay is there anyway to make configuration updates apply to an already started game so updates can be done but also preserving other players progress?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This occurs when the configs are updated and will change nothing about the existing generation, items or progression of the individual players.
    All creatures that were changed will automatically adjust to their new configurations, all items will adjust to their new configurations, loot tables will update, etc...
    The only things that won't update are traders (afaik) and container loot in POIs that has already been generated since they contain items and values stored in the save data instead of the config. Any newly-generated traders or loot containers will have the new stuff.

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. Already spawned traders should also get the new stuff once their stock refresh timer happens, whenever that ends up being.

6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I thought I remember reading there was a way to refresh the traders.