Fixed Science vessel missing in Chapter 9: 'Back to ambassador'

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by cyb, Jun 1, 2021.

1. cyb

cyb Ensign

Build: 3366
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 118882

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unknown
    Severity: Major? - quest breaking

Type: Quest

Summary: Science vessel missing in Chapter 9: 'Back to ambassador'

Description:
    When playing through Chapter 9, I was unable to progress at the 'Back to ambassador' step. Once reaching space, I received unending continue or quit dialogs, to the point where I had to quit. Upon reload I see the following in the console log:

PDA: Playfield POI 'Science Vessel' not found

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Chapter 9
    2. Collect the technical artifacts, placing them in your player inventory (not a storage box)
    3. Place the mutated substance in a storage box (on CV) <-- this might be the issue
    4. Return to space
    5. Notice the continue or quit dialog repeatedly thrown
    6. Quit game & reload save
    7. Notice science vessel not present in space and error in the console

Putting the mutated substance in player inventory and reloading does not resolve the issue. Nor does returning to the planet and back to space.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hey Cyb! Do you still have the crash log from this savegame (..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\3366 ) ? If so, please upload and attach here so we can have a look into the issue.

plus: best would be the savegame from the position where the CoQ appeared.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    PS: which CV did you use (do you have the BP?)

PPS: Did this happen again (in case you restartet the mission?)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  4. cyb

cyb Ensign

One other thing I forgot to mention. In the space playfield, I did attack and core a Zirax Resupply Station. I left it cored as potential future base/staging area. Not sure if that might have somehow caused a problem with the quest.

> Do you still have the crash log from this savegame

(see attached)

> plus: best would be the savegame from the position where the CoQ appeared.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save from that point. I do have a save from a little while afterwards. I've reloaded a few times, gone in/out of the planet a few times, and flew around in space to try to find the Science Vessel. Unfortunately, it's too large to post in the forum. If you think its still useful, I can find somewhere else to host it for sharing.

> which CV did you use (do you have the BP?)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2482188616 (with standard upgrades). I can post a BP if you think that will help.

Attached Files:

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I you want to upload a Game and it is too large for here than upload it to a cloud such as Google Drive and place the link here.
    Don't forget to change the access to free for everyone in case you use Google Drive.

Pach likes this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The CoQ should be fixed in the next update - may I ask you to start a fresh savegame and retry the mission again after the next EXP release (and report back if the issue persists or is actually fixed)?

Pach likes this.
  7. cyb

cyb Ensign

I'll try going back to an older backup save and see if it repros with 3373. I was hoping to finish the story line before starting over. :p

By the way, it looks like this issue caused some form of save game corruption. I finished up chapter 9 (bypassing the broken bits) and started chapter 10, which experiences a similar issue. This time with "PDA: Playfield POI 'BAO_GLaDOutpost1' (or else) not found" in the console.

Do you think the CoQ fix resolves the save game corruption as well, or is there more going on here?

In case it's helpful, here's a link to the save file shortly after the original CoQ error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FNJghIB5V2wtG7E9EW21h5b-hv3V0KP1/view?usp=sharing

8. cyb

cyb Ensign

Scratch that. I figured out what I was doing wrong.

1. There is no waypoint marker to return to the ambassador/GLaD hideout
    2. Combined with the console error message and CoQ, I thought something was corrupt
    3. I was in the wrong playfield. When jumping to the asteroid field (for ambassador) or jumping back to Sigma Zero for GLaD, the POIs are actually there.

The exact locations of these POIs was quite confusing and hard to remember (across multiple days/play sessions). Could we add waypoint markers for the 'Return to Ambassador' and 'Back to Asteroid Field (GLaD)' quests?

Also, FWIW, I replayed the last parts of Chapter 9 from an earlier save on the just-released 3373 and did not see a CoQ (with everything in my player inventory)

Pach likes this.
  9. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    So the initial issue can be seen as resolved? (The CoQ has been reported and should be fixed)

Concerning markers: thats a problem with the default random scenario as it works different to all other scenarios. I cannot set markers to a solar system yet (hopefully this will be added in 1.6 or 1.7 so the directions can be given in a better way)

Pach likes this.