Search: About the forum members

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by TK85, Apr 17, 2018.

?

What is your age and gender?

1. less than 20 years

2. Between 21 and 30 years

3. Between 31 and 40 years

4. Between 41 and 50 years

5. Between 51 and 60 years

6. More than 61 years

7. Female

8. Male

9. Transgender

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TK85

TK85 Captain

Just for curiosity.

No need to comment on what your answers were.

Me: 47 years, 48 still this year, male.

eLLe likes this.
  2. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Riv and TK85 like this.
  3. TK85

TK85 Captain

I do not think so, because I'm not referring to biological sex.

Maybe you find this for cultural or linguistic reasons. In my country asking the gender is not the same as asking the (biological) sex. Gender is male or female, sex (biological), men or woman.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Starwing6 and MEKNET1977 like this.
  4. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Gender is not just male or female. When you limit "gender" to male and female you are asking for biological sex. Read the link I posted.

5. TK85

TK85 Captain

I read the link you sent, nothing new to me.

There is a cultural and linguistic difference here, as it is not the goal of the topic, I will not carry on the conversation.

And since at no time was intended to curtail or limit options, I added a new gender option.

6. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

*facepalms*

I'm sorry you can't see what I was trying to do.

7. eLLe

eLLe Captain

We talk about me ???

Thomas2052 and TK85 like this.
  8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

-Human, chaotic neutral, no mods

9. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

lol this is not face book, if you want to know who i am in a troll bully infested online internet befriend me fore a year and ill tell you everything you need to know ;)

TK85, WolfEyes and Kassonnade like this.
  10. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

I'm still trying to figure out what is so difficult about adding "Other" rather than trying to out anyone.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TK85 likes this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

What else is there ?

By the way, I don't think the topic was about anything more than "biological sex" but seeing that TK85 wrote that's it's not gets me confused.

TK85 likes this.
  12. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

This:

[​IMG]

I don't think TK really understands what the difference is between biological sex (male or female) and the gender spectrum (see above).

I was also trying to not be so blunt and let TK know that this poll really isn't a good idea as it asks for personal information which I believe is against TOS. By not including "Other", it's a form of discrimination. I'm not saying TK discriminated on purpose, just isn't aware of the repercussions to a seemingly innocent question.

No, I didn't do the poll. My age and gender are already on public display. All it takes to find out is a click of the mouse button. Those that don't want others to know don't have it showing on their profile and likely wouldn't answer the poll anyway. Other than that, I treat people according to the way they present and use the pronouns of their preference.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Neal and TK85 like this.
  13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid by asking for precision on the usage of "biological sex" by TK85, since he mentioned his objective of restricting the question to "male or female" and not "the other classification" which you showed.

As for the TOS I don't see a problem if people freely give their age and "sex" although I don't see the point in asking. What I read in the TOS was that it is not allowed to disclose personal information regarding others, but no restriction if someone wants to disclose anything about him/her/Xself... Like you mention up here, what is asked in OP can be found (and possibly more details) on any member's profile if it is set to be "public" so doing the same on the forum should not be a problem.

Sofianinho and TK85 like this.
  14. The Tactician[ Λ ]

usually i keep this to myself but ill be as nice as posable;

i get what wolf is saying but been raised with only boy, girl, man or woman.

at the same time im not a religious person, in fact i dont even bother with religion but respect other designations and faiths.

i ONLY recognize female and male, but if you want to be gay or lesbian, all the power to you.

the other genders, is your right to do what you want in life, but ill always will see you as your "born" gender, the others out there i dont care to recognize but still respect it.

i live by a simple fact, we are all human, no matter the race, gender or religion!

15. TK85

TK85 Captain

Those born in 1970 are the best! :D

Human, true neutral, no mods! :cool:

I had no intention of meeting anyone, when I want to meet someone, I go directly to the person and talk to her. The votes are totally secret, I have no idea who is marking what.

I just wanted to know the majority age group and gender percentage. Because I find this forum a paradise when compared to most gaming forums out there.

Edit: Not that I do not want to meet people, just was not the intention with this topic ;)

Wolf, there was no difficulty or no hindrance in adding other options, it was enough to have been straightforward on the requesition. If you had told me "TK, add more gender options because as it is it may cause discomfort for some people or it may seem discriminatory" I would have done it right away.

When I put the options, I followed the cultural pattern of my country. This is what I am trying to explain to you: here there is no concept of gender transgender. If you ask a transgender from my country what your gender is, the answer will be male or female, according to the situation. And if you say no, you will offend her.

Here, transgender is a definition: a person who is born with a biological sex but identifies with the opposite biological sex. Again, there is no concept of transgendered gender.

This is because, as I said before, in our culture, the concept of gender is much more comprehensive than that of biological sex. Examples: "tree" is female, and "car" is masculine, "stone" is feminine, "river" is masculine, as is "Canada", since "Germany" is feminine.

Yes, I know this is very confusing for anyone who is not familiar with our culture and language, has videos on youtube of people talking about it.

There was never any intention on my part to restrict or discriminate options, I only acted according to my cultural standards, it did not occur to me that it is different outside my country. I should have remembered this.

So if anyone felt offended or discriminated against, excuse me.

And, if you want to get a little more confused, ask me to define saudade. It is a concept whose word that defines it has neither translation.

16. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

You keep bringing up transgender while ignoring everything else. I never mentioned transgender until now. You really don't get what I am saying and it seems that you have no intention of understanding. So you do you and I'll be over here waiting for the fireworks.

TK85 likes this.
  17. TK85

TK85 Captain

From my point of view, it is you who are not understanding what I say.

Let's leave this conversation aside, because we never wanted to talk about it in the sense that it was never the intention of the topic.

I think even if some moderator wants to erase it all, to avoid any further misunderstanding.

The Tactician[ Λ ] and Neal like this.
  18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Personally i don't care much about everyone personal view about their gender. As long a no one tries to press some world view on me, i'm cool with mostly everything.
    I'm 43 years old. I am and i consider myself as male.
    That's it. No fancy stuff here. :)

To be honest i haven't even heard of even half of those things ppl. consider themselves.
    Out of curiosity, is there a version that is better to read? (My eyes aren't brand new anymore and for some reason i can't zoom the graphics)

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  19. The Tactician[ Λ ]

its like topic of religions and politics leave it out of discussions it never goes well

Starwing6 and Neal like this.
  20. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Or... Star Trek. :D

87zgiphy.gif

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.