PLZ Retest and Re-Report Sectioner32 doors locked

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by spacegal, Jul 2, 2021.

1. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: waystation in space

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow

Reproducibility: just looking at a door of the waystation and trying to open it.

Severity: Blocking (for the plot not the game itself).

Type: game mechanics.

Summary: the doors of the sectioner32 waystation are all locked. Thought maybe it was required to better dock the SV but even trying several rotation didn't help. I've tried also to leave in open space - not docked - the SV but all the doors are locked.

Description: I guess the game is supposed to let me enter into sectioner32 space waystation as per quest tracking system but all the doors are locked. There are no hints in the game about secret levers or similar. I've tried to explore the whole station not finding any other entering spot apart from the 2 elevators and the door below the meeting room. If there is a secret door I haven't found sorry for posting this bug :)

Steps to Reproduce: after finishing the Ilmarinen jump to the gas planet (at least was gaseous for me) and reach the waystation of Sectioner32.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download
    Uploaded screenshot: uploaded some screenshots to show you the location and the last way of how I docked the SV.
    If you need the savegame, I can send you. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

Please post a picture of the POI with debug info box. (you can enable the debug info by opening console and typing "di" without the quotes) The debug info box will allow Eleon to see the Core BP name and not just the spawn name. Then it can be fixed.

3. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hi Akeva!

Thank you for the instructions. I've followed it and here you may find a new fresh screenshot: by the way thank you very much for the v1.5 patch that really upgraded the whole plot narration.

In case you need something else please do not hesitate to ask me.

Kind regards.

Attached Files:

4. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hi guys,

sorry bothering... I know it's summer time and so vacation plans and so on but just asking here: do you think this bug can be fixed by the next patch?

It's a plot blocking bug so you can't progress in the story and maybe it's also something minor to fix possibly a POI configuration.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

We do not reveal when bugs get fixed.
    Once there fixed and are added to next Update we update the prefix on the post to "Fixed in NEXT Update"

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Please bear with me when asking, but are you sure you are at the right position? The marker may be on top of the station, but that does not mean you cannot get to it. Did you go inside the station and up the elevator?

7. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Thank you for the status change :)

About mr. Hummel's question: the issue is exactly included in your question -> I cannot access the 2 elevators in front of the landing pad nor the door below the sectioner32 room (I guess there will be a room up there :) ).

The reason I cannot access is that each door says other faction something cannot be opened. Five doors I've found to access the POI but all are of other faction.

Thank you again for investigating this bug: I hope of course the solution is easy in case it's not then sorry for asking to look at the bug.

Kind regards.

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Can you open the console and type in "stats" >> the screenshot the infos and attach the screenshot please?

9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Regarding this issue, I can confirm many POIs are having this same problem, most of the Zirax POIs I came accross in the public version have the doors inaccessible, they need to be destroyed when before we could enter with no issues, in some where the doors are activated by levers are also having the same issue, levers are not working or in others we need to flip them several times

10. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Request ---> Done here :)

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

Attached Files:

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I just checked the prefab and I am afraid I cannot reproduce the issue. All doors that let you inside the POI are set to public (except the door of the Sectioner32 room (this is unlocked via PDA when you reach the position)

I am afraid I might need to ask for a savegame to find out what is happening here.

Germanicus likes this.
  12. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Well mr. Hummel: I guess the one to be afraid should be me :( I've asked to solve a bug considering it easy and now we're discovering it's a nasty thing :( sorry.

Apart from that there is completely no issue to attach here a save game or whatever you may need in the future.

Thank you very much for the support.

P.S.: please note that to trick the forum which is complaining for a .7zip splitted file, I've added the extension .zip to each file-part. Please remove it before decompressing with 7zip :)

Attached Files:

13. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hi all,

just a note to confirm the bug is still present in v1.5.5 experimental.

Kind regards.

14. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hello!

Happy return from vacation :)

So I've just noticed the bug has changed status: this 'not reproducible' by having also the save game means that even loading it on your PC doesn't break the POI?

Do you think that I should try to uninstall and reinstall the game then?

Thank you.

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Wont matters much. Could also do a Verification on the files
    Could be its the SaveGame it self that has issues. A Vertification or Reinstall wont fix that

I would recommend to try it on a fresh SaveGame

Germanicus likes this.
  16. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Thank you for your suggestion but how do I try a plot enabled POI in a new save game?

I suspect I need to start a new game... I guess... or playing a lot with the console maybe and that's not my style to be honest.

As of now I'm a little bit disappointed unfortunately. A long time ago in the Steam forum (I hadn't yet subscribed here) there were a lot of discussion about the devs decision to add the plot as last step in the game: I didn't agree because I never considered a plot an easy thing to be added just as a candle on a cake. At that time there was a debate because the vast majority of people there didn't want a main story in a sandbox game: in my opinion in Empyrion everything could co-exist.

Anyway it seems that I was right and adding a plot is not easy after all: after its addition and several patches we've the dedicated v1.5 because it was not right and now the v1.6 is planned to further refine it.

As of now anyway even starting a new game it's not assured the bug of POI with locked doors will not appear again.

Well it'll take some time for me to accept the idea to do the Ilmarinen again :)