Seeking Collaborator(s)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by IndigoWyrd, Dec 23, 2019.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I've a scenario in mind, but I have found that I'm a bit at a loss when it comes to actually creating these, and I don't know if everything I'd want to do would be possible at this point, but here's the basics:

I want to start the player(s) in a Prison Complex, have them escape their cell(s), fight their way out, and eventually steal a ship from a hanger on the complex and escape.

I can build the custom POI and ship easily enough, and rig the door so they can escape their cell. What I'm not so sure about is:

1. How do I keep the base from destroying the ship on the ground, before it is claimed by the player? Make it Public?

2. Aside from serious resource-control, is there a way to prevent someone from using the Factory to produce a ship too soon? Some of this could be handled by PDA mission, mandating the player(s) reach the hanger and the ship therein to complete this step.

3. How do I set a PDA trigger for an area, such as entering the Hanger? I've only dabbled a little with the PDA missions, and am sub-novice at this.

Ephoie and SacredGlade like this.
  2. jepbindawernoch

jepbindawernoch Commander

to 1.
    If the spaceship is not turned on and nobody is sitting in it, then it is actually not going to be shot at. Sometimes it is enough if everyone just gets up so that the enemy no longer shoots at them, even if the core is still switched on.
    The guns can be set so that they do not attack SVs. In case they should start shooting, then you can use a sensor signal that lets the guns out when you activate it and activates the guns as soon as you get into the spaceship. with a "delay" you can give the player time before the guns are activated.
    to 2.
    If the base is a different faction, you shouldn't be able to spawn anything. There is a way to stop you from spawning something in the whole playfield, but I don't know-how. If you start in prison anyway, then you shouldn't have the stuff to build something in a constructor anywhere.
    to 3.
    RexXxus provides something great for (I think) everyone
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-ewpda-empyrion-web-pda-v1-5-3.82979/
    I myself have problems here, but I think that's due to the language barrier. I am German o: (Or it's because of my logic. I'm not a programmer and I maybe think differently.)
    You can start, continue and end PDA missions with signals. However, the signals in the blueprint must be named with an asterisk in front (example: *light). In the eWPDA (and yaml), the signal must not have the star (example: light)

Advertising o:
    A prison can be found in my workshop ;) .
    The trading post also has a prison with a built-in escape plan. You just have to remember that the survivaltool is your best friend to find vulnerabilities. In my Beta Moon Base scenario, this trading station is already in Mathera Orbit. Then die and then revive in the trading post. In 1 out of 10 cases you end up in the infirmary where you should not appear. I don't know why :( .

RexXxuS likes this.
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Thanks - but I can say, without a doubt, I have seen base turrets and NPC's fire on an unpowered ship. As a matter of fact, I've used this method to create distractions by spawning a small, but very tough HV "behind enemy lines" which, while unpowered, unoccupied and unfueled, attracts the wrath of Drones, Zirax troops and turrets, allowing me the opportunity to place explosive charges in vulnerable locations.

As for #2 - it is possible, though difficult, to obtain materials - either from loot crates (some will be necessary to provide the players with access to weapons to facilitate their escape), using the Salvage function, from downed NPC's, or other sources. I'd rather not make it a playfield-wide setting, as this would negate later objectives.

As to #3 - I have at least looked at this tool. I'm unsure of the business about the * for signal source names though, but I have an idea what to look at for more information there.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can set playfields to disallow blueprints or completely disallow a vessel type. See the example planet playfield.

Pda missions can be triggered by signal, proximity to a specific named device, or when a device is used. So you could probably trigger it when the player enters or powers on the SV.
    The eWPDA tool he linked above is awesome for stuff like this.

For the turrets, they won't shoot the SV until the player gets in it because SVs in the playfield are spawned as public faction.

Ephoie, RexXxuS and Germanicus like this.
  5. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Being able to toggle blueprints is probably beyond the scope of what can currently be done - I wouldn't mind starting the scenario with blueprint spawning off, and enable it after escaping, but I wouldn't want to disable it for the entire playfield.

Lots of experimenting to do I suspect.

And lots of tools to get use to using. I've twaddled about with each of them, at least enough to make a thing work, but that's about all I've managed so far. In many ways, I'm reluctant to commit to a full-scale scenario, because things could potentially change so much that the scenario may have to be redesigned to be, oh, let's say, alpha-15 compliant.

I also find most of the tools a bit difficult to work with, either due to unintuitive designs, or me just being dense - either and both are entirely likely, sometimes at the same time.

6. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I would make the playfield a starter planet that is not intended as an actual place to mine and build on.
    Throw tons of nasty Zirax defense on there to make it unappealing for a fresh player, and restrict blueprints. Set those nasty POIs to regen every 30 minutes, incase someone gets smart and tries to wipe them out....

The escape ship could also be set to Zirax, but all the doors and cockpits are set to public. That way, the player can access it, and fly it, but not be attacked prematurely.

Make the PDA mission objective to get off the planet, and place a near by planet in the surrounding space-field to escape to that does support blueprints.