Fixed Sensors not triggering sound on doors & ramps in Co-op game [7065]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Stef, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Stef

Stef Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Peer2Peer Coop

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 365656 (First discovered but seed value seems to be irrelevant)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Sensors

Summary: Sensors are not triggering sound on doors & ramps in Co-op games

Description: Sensors are not triggering sound on connected doors & ramps, triggering doors and ramps to open manually produces sound, stepping in sensor range to open doors and ramps automatically produces no sound

Steps to Reproduce: Place a door/hangar door/ramp somewhere (example: a ship/hover with a rear door, or a base with a hangar door), place a sensor and attach to door/ramp with "Follow" to trigger opening the door when within proximity of the sensor's activation box.

Tested reasonably comprehensively, playing the Co-op game in Single-player mode and the sensor triggers the sound correctly, playing the Co-op game as intended, the sound does not trigger. Playing my Single-player mode in Co-op mode and the same thing happens, no triggered sound but playing Single Player mode as intended triggers the sound correctly.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Stef, I cannot reproduce what you have described with any doors or ramps when they are setup using signals to open or close them the sounds worked ok on my side with 2 clients both hearing sounds ok in Local co-op.

Does this happen only in 1 save game for you ?
    Does it only happen in a certain location ?

Can you leave your character standing next to a door or ramp that has the issue for you & supply the save game ?

SP/Co-op saves are found here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Right click on the save file & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option.
    If the file is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it.
    Thanks.

3. Stef

Stef Ensign

Hi Pantera.

I've compressed the game and uploaded it to Google Drive since it was in excess of 30Mb.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sARUPN949NjBzK_vRFAmrCX62ezZxcTh

I've also added a video to Youtube illustrating what happens.

I have tested this in multiple games with different saves. In single-player mode, the problem never happens, it only seems to happen in local co-op mode. I don't know if it happens on multiplay servers since I don't play on those.

Thanks for the help.

4. I am experiencing the exact same issues as the OP and I'm playing on an actual dedicated server.
    Playing on HWS NA server I'm seeing this issue with sensors, doors, ramps, and a few other things. None of them are making any sound.

If I then go into SP and test the same exact things they are making sound just fine. It's only in MP that it's an issue.
    I'll record a video later today at some point to show the issue.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for the save game I can see it happens only with motion sensors.
    It'll be looked into.