Fixed Sentry Gun (Player) retractable breaks of structure on first placement [6087]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by plackyfantacky, Feb 11, 2019.

1. plackyfantacky

plackyfantacky Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

Reproducible: Sometimes
    Severity:Minor

Type: Building/Block Placement

Summary: Sentry Gun (Player) retractable breaks off structure on first placement, fine on second attempt

Description: I decided to take over the crashed Titan Back POI and build a base, however placing Sentry Gun (Player) block with the retractable side turret on the structure caused it to break off (structural integrity I think, is that what SI is?). Picking up the debris (whole turret) and attempting to place it again works. Happens no matter where the turret is placed (on flat surface, in wall, on its own).

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Locate Titan Back (Bridge) POI. Place a core. Build up a base with power, constructors, etc...

2. Make a Sentry Gun (Player) and change the block shape (right click) and choose the last option (the retractable turret pointing out the side.

3. Place on the structure. It breaks off like other parts as if it was too heavy/not supported enough.

4. Collect the 'debris'. Place the turret back in the toolbar.

5. Attempt to place the turret again in the same mode/shape, in the same spot. No problems this time.

Saving the game, leaving and re-entering have no effect on already placed turrets. Only seems to happen the first time the turret is placed.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Can you please add a screenshot on where and how exactly you placed the sentry? I currently cannot reproduce the issue.

20190216110249_1.jpg

3. plackyfantacky

plackyfantacky Ensign

Sure thing!

I notice that to place the turret inside the hole I have to aim the cursor outside the bounding box to get it to sit flush with the rest of the structure. Maybe it thinks I'm placing it mid air?

NewGame_0_2019-02-16_20-34-37.png NewGame_0_2019-02-16_20-34-39.png NewGame_0_2019-02-16_20-34-41.png

SamuelPatre likes this.
  4. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Confirmed - I’ve run into this as well placing retractable sentry guns into vertical walls. First one pops out, second one stays.

SamuelPatre likes this.
  5. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

I can confirm as well.

Steps to reproduce: SP / Creative

1) Spawn a base with vertical walls.
    2) Remove 1 block with either MultiTool or Shift Right-Click (in Creative only)
    3) Place "Sentry Gun 2 - Player (Retractable) into the empty space

Second placement will take.

On a side note: If you remove a second block, and place the sentry into the first, it's ok, even if then placing into the second empty space. But not if you remove multiple blocks and place into the last removed space.

This has been an issue for a while, but the horizontal insertion had been fixed so I didn't notice.

ALSO: This affects Solar Panels as well.
    20190219124037_1.jpg

Gaz likes this.
  6. Caennanu [NWB]

Caennanu [NWB] Lieutenant

I've had the same with turrets on flat (horizontal) surfaces. Both the sentrygun turret as the cannon turret. Was always the retractable version.

The base hasn't changed since alpha 8 tho, so i cannot reproduce this or provide examples.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  7. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

I have had this in SP and creative and with solar panels.

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Fixed in A10 EXP. Please Try it out

Pach likes this.