Setting up player spawn, in MP, to different poi possible?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ac_blazer, Oct 26, 2020.

1. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

I have a playfield with random POIs, I set spawn to structure and group name, this is working well, however the game seems to pick a POI and spawns everyone that logs in to the same POI, is there a way to set it up so in multiplayer everyone spawns to different(spawn start) POIs

from yaml:
    - GroupName: huntedstart
    CountMinMax: [5, 10]
    IsScalingCount: True
    IsImportant: True
    PlaceAt: Terrain
    DroneProb: 0.5
    DronesMinMax: [1, 2]
    ReserveCount: 4
    TroopTransport: False
    SpawnPOIAvoid: [huntedstart]
    SpawnPOIAvoidDistance: 6000
    Properties:
    - Key: PersonalContainer
    Value: Bandages:10, BioFuel:2, SpawnNewGV, CockpitBlocksSV, HoverEngineThruster:3, FuelTankSVSmall, GeneratorSVSmall, EmergencyRations, DetectorHVT1
    FixedPlayerStart:
    - Mode: Survival
    Spawn: Structure
    Structure: huntedstart
    Items: ['Shotgun2Epic, PulseLaserChargeRifle:500, LaserRifleEpic, ShotgunShells:250, MultiToolT2, MultiCharge:3, DrillEpic, DrillCharge:5, RadarSuitT1', 'Shotgun2Epic, PulseLaserChargeRifle:500, LaserRifleEpic, ShotgunShells:250, MultiToolT2, MultiCharge:3, DrillEpic, DrillCharge:5, RadarSuitT1', 'Shotgun2Epic, PulseLaserChargeRifle:500, LaserRifleEpic, ShotgunShells:250, MultiToolT2, MultiCharge:3, DrillEpic, DrillCharge:5, RadarSuitT1', '#FreshStart: Shotgun2Epic, PulseLaserChargeRifle:500, LaserRifleEpic, ShotgunShells:250, MultiToolT2, MultiCharge:3, DrillEpic, DrillCharge:5, RadarSuitT1']
    Status: ['Food:500, Health: 500', 'Food:500, Health: 500', 'Food:500, Health: 500', '#FreshStart:Food:500, Health: 500']
    Armor: ArmorHeavyEpic
    PlayerArmor: ["ArmorHeavyEpic, ArmorHeavyEpic, ArmorHeavyEpic, #FreshStart: ArmorHeavyEpic"]

2. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

@Hummel-o-War @Taelyn

Is it possible to randomize player spawning on a playfield when spawn set to structure?
    if no, is there another way to accomplish players spawn to different locations on same planet/playfield, so all new players (MP) don't start at the same location? (escape pod ya?)

or to randomize escape pod spawn so all players don't drop at same location

Thank you

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

How many structures do you have in the "huntedstart" group ?

I did not try this, it's just a pointer for you. If you look at the +ExamplePlanet 's playfield_static.yaml, you can see this:

FixedPlayerStart:
    - Mode: Survival # Creative or Survival
    Spawn: EscapePod # Choose from pre-selection: EscapePod, Structure (if latter you must give a structure to spawn in)
    Pos: [ -350, 0 ] # Optional. If used give fixed x,z position of escape pod drop - useful for Coop games to start at the same spot. If not used, Escape Pod will always start at position on planet where it is morning

# Spawn: Structure #
    # Structure: "Wreckage" # Group name of structure to spawn in; Structure needs at least ONE Player Spawn pad!

In the last comment in green, I see " ... needs at least ONE Player Spawn pad ... ". Maybe you could try putting a few of these pads in some structures from that group and see what happens ?

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

When you place more then one PlayerSpawnPad you get spawned randomly on those inside the structure

Kassonnade likes this.
  5. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

there are 2 BP of structures with huntedstart as the group name, both have spawn pads.

I am trying to spawn several players, each to a separate structure, but do not know how to accomplish this

thank you

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Kassonnade likes this.
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

If the two POIs have the Same GroupName then use this GroupName in the FixedPlayerStart
    Give those POIs multiple PlayerSpawnPads

Then the Game will Random Spawn players in those 2 POIs

I dont know if it works with 2 POIs > Only ever tried it with One POI with multiple PlayerSpawnPads

Kassonnade likes this.
  7. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

I understand, each poi only has 1 spawn pad, I will add a second spawn pad to each and test again.

Thank you

Kassonnade likes this.
  8. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

Adding more spawn pads to each BP used as a POI did not change the behavior, everyone spawned to the same POI location
    thank you for the suggestion I will switch to escape pods.

Kassonnade likes this.
  9. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

Switched to escape pods, players were spawned randomly around the planet, close enough for what I want. TY

Taelyn and Kassonnade like this.
  10. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Might be broken with the SpawnPads, ill test it later today

EDIT: It works with one POI I spawned randomly inside it with more then one SpawnPad
    it wont work with 2 POIs the system isnt designed for that

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2020
    Kassonnade likes this.
  11. ac_blazer

ac_blazer Lieutenant

Taelyn, Thank you for taking the time to test

Taelyn and Kassonnade like this.