Several suggestions - Please read, and comment your opinions! Give a like if you agree with any! <3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AngylOvDeth, Sep 3, 2016.

?

Tech tree - More levels, more things to unlock, and more player progression? (Please comment!)

1. Strongly agree

57.1%
  2. Agree

28.6%
  3. Neutral

14.3%
  4. Disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Strongly disagree

14.3%
  6. You're on the right path, but it needs work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AngylOvDeth

AngylOvDeth Ensign

Ideas for new additions
    -Ana AKA The Angyl ov Deth
    So we all love this game, and we all love to see it advance, grow and evolve, right? Well, if you're on the same page as me, there are some general areas you'd like to see the game improved. Please give a thumbs up if you like one or more of the suggestions here, and comment if you've got any opinions or ideas of your own for changes, flaws with the idea, or just plain dislike something and would not like to see it added! Thank you!

• First off, I think we all get a little bored when we hit the level cap and have nothing else to achieve, right? The game essentially almost becomes at creative mode Minecraft style survival game once you've unlocked everything, and it often happens before you ever even leave your starting planet. In fact, in many cases, when you want your Capital Vessel to be awesome, and you want to have a really cool hangar full of really awesome small vessels, reaching level 20 is pretty much essential. That said, I think that they should not exactly "revamp" the entire level system and research tree, but rather they should more than double it. I know that this is a monumental task and all, but there are many many things which could be added to the research tree which would make the game last a lot longer. A few things which I think should be added (some of which are already implemented in the game) would be things such as some of the alien faction technology. The laser cannon which alien bases often have, as well as maybe the plasma cannons could be added with some form of augmentation as higher level higher damage base and CV defenses. Also some things I've also seen in other threads to be added to this new tech tree would be things such as drones which can be crafted via a kit similar to how the motorbike is made. Going back to weapons, I think that maybe it would be fair to say that we have all at one point just wanted to be able to craft our own epic weapons, and this opens a door for an entire area of tech tree things. Say, hypothetically, that they added two or maybe three new forms of deposits/elements, and those elements were too "hard" physically to mine with your regular drill, and so you have to work your way to level 30 or 40 to unlock a new type of drill. This new type of drill is only created by using several different materials crafted from different combinations of some of the more rare elements, such as zascosium, erestrum and some other form of blue crystal element similar to pentaxid. The fuel for this drill? Pentaxid. This new drill is the only way to be able to mine the new elements, is very expensive, and very difficult to craft. Once crafted, the player can mine these two or three new elements which can be rare to a point that there is maybe one or two deposits per whatever planet they are on, and those deposits are heavily guarded. Once mined, these new more rare and heavily guarded elements can be used to craft special "alien" technology parts. Those parts then crafted into the epic weapon of choice, but at a decent cost to the player. Maybe adding different forms of epic weapons, and epic tools (aside from the "epic drill" I just talked about previously). If you've read all of this, you're a trooper. I know it's long, and thanks for paying attention through the journey through my thought process. This will be the longest bullet on my thread. ♥

• We all love grenades, do we not? Grenades please. :)

• I'm not sure about you guys, but I find it annoying that I suffocate INSIDE of my CV when I leave atmosphere, despite that I have oxygen tanks, an O2 dispenser machine, and obviously have closed any and all gaps. If they can make a gravity generator for bases and CVs, why can't they add a machine which creates an artificial atmosphere inside of a CV or base in places where there is either no atmosphere, or an atmosphere which is not breathable? Also, paired with this, obviously would need to be an airlock block. Let me know what you think please people!

• Fix the player drone sensitivity, and make it available for crafting in the tech tree, as well as other drones. Both manned and unmanned. (If there could be such a thing as a "manned drone")

• More ground vehicles, and maybe the ability to create a ground vehicle of your own. Player built wheeled vehicles with booster rockets available, and the ability to use many of the same parts used for construction of your HV.

• When they released the harvester module for the HV, I thought this was great! I can go around chopping down trees without ever leaving the safety of my HV in the middle of a hostile tropical forest on Akua. This brought me to wondering one thing though, why did they not come up with and add, or at least mention the possibility of a mining module for HVs? This bullet also touches on two of the previous points I made. I think that 1: there could be a player crafted and manned "drone" which has the sole purpose of mining for basic ores, or even an unmanned drone that can be released near an exposed deposit of basic ores and automatically mine, returning only when its small inventory is full, or when it's called back by its owner. 2: A player driven wheeled ground vehicle with a mounted drill, one similar to the drill T2, and has the ability to be aimed in the same way as a minigun turret on the HV, but instead of dealing damage it uses fuel from the vehicle to power the drill and directly add picked up ores to an on board cargo box. This drill, for obvious reasons, would have a larger drilling diameter, but would not pick up any more ores than a normal drill with a bigger drilling diameter, not to mention a slightly longer effective range than 5m. There would be multiple uses for a drill such as this, especially if it could be made more powerful for digging through soil and rock, but not any stronger when digging ores. It could be used as a sort of tunneling drill, and that makes for some very interesting underground base designs.

• Lastly, can we make some of the non-functional decorative blocks functional now? I'd love to be able to unlock, craft, and place a radar antenna (with multiple levels of effectiveness I.E. T1 T2 T3) which could detect incoming drones, certain ore deposits, or display bases within maybe a 1.5km radius. There is also the matter of a "console block" which works simply as an aesthetic way to access the base/CV control panel. Antennae for communicating between bases, and a possible function for communicating and/or sending credits to other members of your faction online. Ability for your base on another planet to send out a distress beacon when it has discovered an incoming attack by drones, aliens, or an enemy faction online. Maybe also some form of "digistruct" (Yes, borderlands reference) capability where you can send an item or two to a friend in your faction, or someone you've sold/purchased from in the marketplace. Also, can we get blinking lights? I always like to set up my hangar as realistically as possible, but there are no blinking lights. :(

If you've read through all of this, you are truly a die-hard Empyrion lover! I still have many, many more ideas for this game, but I think that even just these suggestions (if at all implemented) would be nearly a nightmare for the developers to add to the game. Some should be easy, but others could be quite difficult. As I said in the beginning, please like this if you agree or disagree constructively with any/all of my ideas, and if you've got anything to say, don't be shy! If we don't talk about how to make the game better, it'll never get better, and how are we supposed to show the rest of the world that our beloved Empyrion: Galactic Survival is exponentially better than this rubbish No Man's Sky, even while it's still in beta? Thanks again for reading, and always enjoy yourselves while playing!!!!!!

2. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

The above have all been suggested by many people a lot of times, so I think there are a lot of people who would agree with the ideas presented here.

As far as the tech tree goes, it has two major problems:
    1- not enough variety (modular weapon components to build your own weapons would be awesome)
    2- the way you get unlock points
    3- many of the positions don't even make sense (this identical cockpit requires 10 more levels to be able to build)

Ok, three problems.

Fortunately the devs have said that the tech tree is a placeholder and it's on the list of things they'll be revisiting. :)

3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Wow, wall of text much? Sorry, it's usually much more digestible to have it broken up a little more.

But, as Lift said, basically all of these have already been suggested:

- Grenades have been suggested since forever (by the time I started playing and made the suggestion, someone already had. And that was many, many, many months ago)

- Everyone wants volumetric oxygen for ships, but it requires tons of programming.

- If it's manned, it's not a drone by definition. But yes, more drone variety/upgrades would be nice

- Wheeled vehicles have been suggested as long as HVs have been around

- A mining module for HVs have been suggested since forever basically (long before the Harvester module appeared)

- And lastly, they've said they will add functionality to the devices that are now cosmetic-only.

AngylOvDeth likes this.
  4. AngylOvDeth

AngylOvDeth Ensign

Yea, if you read into what I said, somewhere in there I added that many of these things are just what I've gathered from trolling the forums for several hours, and some are personal ideas. At least I think I said that.

5. Hoodedswan

Hoodedswan Ensign

Drones, motorbikes, wheeled vehicles, boats and or motor boats (should be incorporated into the EGS game). Should all be craftable at some given level in the game.

Actually in fact nearly everything should be craftable, except for initial items like water and o2 generators

Regards
    Hoodedswan

AngylOvDeth likes this.
  6. Yukuai

Yukuai Lieutenant

This.

But not the "requires tons of programming": as I say in a post before we're here to suggest idea, even the more hard-coded ones :D

AngylOvDeth likes this.
  7. Kage848

Kage848 Lieutenant

Wow that's a lot of text. I will come back and read it when I get time this weekend :D

AngylOvDeth likes this.
  8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Just read through your post and that is as wonderful as it is refreshing, ignore those who are commenting about "walls of text," that seems a bit insulting; it is beautiful. Well typed, and organized. Nicely done. Allow me to humbly add to it by directing you to a thread I posted and now xerro has responded to here:

http://empyriononline.com/threads/new-idea-for-alien-assault.7472/

In one of the posts, xerro links to one of his previous threads and it is worth reading, as it represents a fluid, regenerative, style of game play that is worth considering. But I will leave that in your capable hands for interpretation.

9. Grobyd

Grobyd Commander

Indeed.

On topic: Strongly disagree.

10. Arejin

Arejin Ensign

Just to quickly throw in an alternative idea: there is a mod for Minecraft Forge called Galacticcraft which allows you to go to different planets. While it had a feature for air supply in closed areas it also had a device that let you create an oxygen "bubble" of certain size (depending on your energy and oxygen production) when you wanted oxygen in open areas.
    So some (hopefully light code) ideas for BAs and CVs could be:
    • The exact same thing
    • The same thing with line of sight requirement
    • An invisible block which can only be seen when having it selected in your hotbar and can be placed mid air, that provides you with oxygen if you are within a short range no matter if you are in LOS
    (all these ideas would of course drain energy and oxygen)

AngylOvDeth likes this.
  11. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I'm curious as to how a huge CV will get filled up with air. With a smaller ship it's easy, just land on Akua with the doors open and let it fill up. But with a humungous CV that's too big (read: expensive on fuel) to land, or a space base? Plus it would need zillions of cubic meters of air. You might have to build special ships whose only purpose is to repeatedly get air from the planet and then go inside the big CV and release it all.

12. Arejin

Arejin Ensign

Well I guess NASA managed to do it, but they also keep the dimensions of their crafts as small as can be.
    If they were to build a huge space station in orbit, that would be very generous with space for its inhabitants, their primary concern with getting oxygen up there probably wouldn't be with the loading space (as liquid oxygen has a compression ratio of ~800 to oxygen gas at 20°C/1bar) but rather with the load mass as that dictates fuel cost...
    Considering that this game is not an attempt at exact simulation of reality (as is quite clear what lorry loads of ore, blocks etc we can carry around) the idea that you could fill up your space station or capital vessel with oxygen in one go shouldn't be too outlandish.

As an alternative for getting stuff up there and as added immersion, the game could allow for something to exist that works as an idea on paper but not in reality (yet): a space elevator.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  13. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I think the idea of the oxygen bubble would work best. You could even make it a feature of the gravity generator if you are in range you have oxygen. It could draw from the o2 tanks at a set rate. I know it's not super realistic but neither is a localized gravity field. I think it would be easier on the system to not have to calculate structural integrity and airtight rooms

Mr J and AngylOvDeth like this.
  14. AngylOvDeth

AngylOvDeth Ensign

What if NASA were to simply build that large ship in space directly then fill and pressurize it? one fuel mission with liquid oxygen would be plenty I think. But as to the topic though, it isn't very theoretically hard considering you're in an advanced space era in the game. So yea, I think it'd be pretty easy for even NASA to fill up a very large ship with oxygen it would just take three or four fuel resupply missions and Space-X does that all the time.