Fixed Shields on SV/HV do not charge on existing SV/HV

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by gamelike85, Jun 5, 2020.

1. gamelike85

gamelike85 Ensign

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? The shield is active, I have enough pentaxid, it does not work, the ship is in the air, I have the necessary amount of energy, and still it does not work. It is updated in the recent version and is a new game that started today.

In the previous game it was the base, in another much older game it was with the levitation ship. I'm going crazy.

By the size of the ship? I start in creative mode and it does not happen, but here (Normal game) it does.

Attached Files:

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Would be handy if you upload the screenshots with English language..

Can you please attach the Save Game?

gamelike85 likes this.
  3. gamelike85

gamelike85 Ensign

I already discovered the problem. The ships you get in the game by default, the shield does not work when activated, but if you spawn the same ship per template if it works. :/

Broken Hover Vessel and Small vessel

I don't remember the exact name, but they appear on the map near where it is first found at about 500mtrs. "approximately"

4. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

Mode: Creative
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 435901

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Taken over vessels

Summary: Shields on SV/HV do not charge when upgrading found HV/SV

Description: When taking over any of the SV/SV that are found during the story line (damaged hover and the SV crashed near the capital ship) and adding a shield generator the shields will not charge.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Use found HV/add core to found SV
    Add everything needed activate/charge a shield
    Shield activates but stays on 0% forever even with pentax in the tank

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Looks like the cause is those SV wrecks have the "NoShieldReload: True" flag so they will never recharge their shields.

6. scapino

scapino Ensign

I had the same problem with the found SV that I rebuilt (except for the core). I wonder if replacing the core will help? I'll have to try that when I get to that point on my current playthrough.

7. No it won't. It's saved into the POI structure itself and the only way to change it is to modify the "NoShieldReload: True" flag in the files to say False instead of True.

If you don't want to do any of that then there is another somewhat simple solution.
    Blueprint the vessel, use a multitool to tear down the original, throw the parts in the factory, and spawn a new one.
    The new one you spawn will be a player structure instead of a POI and will follow player structure rules for shield (meaning the shield will then work correctly).

scapino and Germanicus like this.
  8. scapino

scapino Ensign

Thanks, that is what I thought.
    I just trashed it and will start a fresh SV.

krazzykid2006 and Germanicus like this.
  9. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

This was my ultimate solution (BP and rebuild). I have no experience actually messing with the files atm. It should not act like that though as those vessels are clearly meant to be taken over and the very nature of the game means many players are likely to upgrade those vessels. It is worth pointing out so that the base game corrects that particular flag on such vessels.

It is also worth noting for the rest of us as this means any captured vessel will work this way as I am not aware of any npc structure or ship that can regenerate shields. Base structures likely have the same flag too. Never upgraded any of the possible starters to have a shield.

10. Oh, I agree 100% that it should be fixed in the base game. I was never disputing that fact.
    Keep in mind that if/when they do change it in the base game it will require a new game to get those changes.
    So for games that are already started your two options are to modify the files or to respawn it from blueprint.

11. Viper [FUD]

Viper [FUD] Ensign

Hey.

I am playing this game via Steam - not on the experimental branch or anything. Survival Mode.

I built a polarized hull shield for my SV.

It sits at 0% and never changes.

I have full T4 CPU, a full tank of Pentaxid. Plenty of power. (I used cheat codes to get the T4 CPU to test)

I turn the Shield on, my power spikes for a while, then goes down some.

I have sat in space with the shield on for like 10 minutes doing nothing just to see what happens.

Still sits at 0% (blue, not flashing red).

I approached an enemy station to take damage to see if maybe there was mitigation due to the shield that just wasn't showing up on the UI, but it seemed to be basically the same as if there was no shield.

what gives?

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Leave your character in the cockpit & please attach the save game.

How to attach a save go to:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  13. Viper [FUD]

Viper [FUD] Ensign

14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Are you using the UCH-Dart or another salvaged ship? Those were POIs, so their shields will never recharge due to being a POI.

Germanicus, nj_87 and Pach like this.
  15. Viper [FUD]

Viper [FUD] Ensign

Yep! got it now since this was merged here.

Thanks.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

They will never charge due to the flag present in the playfield file. They should remove this flag from wrecks and such so players can use shields on them.

17. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

So that's the problem. Thx!

Pach likes this.
  18. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    This should be ok now as of A12.2.3 B2980 when rechecking again the shields on any of the vessels you can find charged fine.

Thor'sHammer, Pach and Germanicus like this.