Shields Upgrades

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by KruhlSentru, Mar 17, 2021.

1. KruhlSentru

KruhlSentru Ensign

I'm glad we finally got some shields, but I'd like to see it taken a bit further. For example, right now, you pretty much just slap shields onto any combat worthy vehicle, and you're done. However, with things like CPU limitations, I feel like we could add in some shield upgrades that could allow the player to choose between things like having more armor or more shields, or perhaps more mobility, access to storage and construction, weapons, etc. Right now you kinda can do this, but not with shields. Shields just don't change much.

That said, some ideas for shield upgrades:

Shield Expander: Increases maximum shields.
    Shield Hardener: Gives your shields an armor value (such as different blocks have).
    Shield Recharger: Restores shields faster.
    Shield Booster: Gives a temp boost to shield (manual activation), long cooldown.
    Shield Efficiency Processor: Grants a chance to not consume pentaxid when recharging shields.

Anyways, you get the idea. I'm not saying all of it would be needed, but it would be nice to be able to choose between different focuses on your builds, including a variety of shield bonuses.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I would love more options for shields!

3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Good suggestions.

4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I would like that too, you cannot do serious things in the game without worrying about attacks, even if you run away you may get seriously damaged, so something more than just a shield or not a shield is welcome.

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. Sander Hydra

Sander Hydra Ensign

I'd love the option to do a shield build