Fixed Si collapse reveals NPC Spawner Preview [5939]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by KaneNOD, Jan 18, 2019.

1. KaneNOD

KaneNOD Lieutenant

Simple things I discover in the game.

The Red Guy in the Spawner.png

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi at 0:34 can you load into the save game in this location & it is still invisible ?
    can you attach that save here with your character left infront of it ?

As for the NPC visualisation for the NPC spawners you show in the screenshot I haven't seen that happen before.
    How often can it be triggered ?

KaneNOD likes this.
  3. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I have seen it with the thin spawn plates. It is no longer possible to remove the thin spawn plates until you remove the block they are on. After capturing the abandoned mine and coring it all the thin spawn plates gave the block destroyed sound when the block they were on was recovered and on one of them, we saw the figure shown in the screenshot. 9.2.1 1266

4. KaneNOD

KaneNOD Lieutenant

It's a server online game;
    It happens sometimes. When I reload the game, sometimes correct the problem. But it happens with any type of cargo boxes, not only with the Alien Containers.
    It happens with glasses too.

If you shot those cargo boxes/glasses, the model appear with a damage state. Sometimes when you fix the damage it will return to invisible or sometimes it fix the invisible state. Its really random.

About the red guy, now you can't hit the spawners anymore, only with rockets. If you destroy the core of the POI you can grab the blocks that hold the spawner. When you grab all of them, the spwaner will break and it have a chance to drop this red guy. It's random too.

I will try to make a video with those bugs talkint about it and show how it happens, ok?

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

We really need the save game of the server.
    If u dont have access to that ask the owner to provide the save game for us

6. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

any save game from the server? for the spawn plate issue

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  7. KaneNOD

KaneNOD Lieutenant

I send an e-mail to the admin asking about the save of the server. I talk to him about the problem as said the Eleon Studio needs the save to solve the problem.

I'm here waiting for his answer.

8. KaneNOD

KaneNOD Lieutenant

I don't know if it will help you about the RedGuy inside the spawner, but just follow the link and watch the video I made for this purpose;

9. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

that is the one we saw

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    1st: The "flat spawners" are invisible now and cannot be destroyed in Survival, THUS they shall not be used with other settings than the STATIC checkbox enabled
    2nd: I am afraid i cannot reproduce this in any way in Survival (even not with the Abandoned Mine as shown in the video recored). The "red guy" dropping is the "preview npc" for the reworked FLAT spawners. (Only visible in Creative)

Said that: this is a survival server game, not anything with changemode set to creative?

11. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I am playing on a local co-op with 1 other player everything set to hard but no modifications. We saw the same "red guy" at the same spawner as shown in the video.

What is the behavior of the spawn pad that should be expected with STATIC checkbox enabled?
    Why do we get the broken block sound and "dust" animation when the block the spawner is on is removed?

12. KaneNOD

KaneNOD Lieutenant

We can't use creative mode in any ways. This server is a Vanilla server. No changes.

13. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

It looks like I found my answer on another thread.

given that, the thin spawner in the abandoned mine that spawns a scorpion at the bottom of the big ramp, the one in the video with the " red guy " would continuously spawn the scorpion. Kill the NPC and in a short bit of time a new one appeared, kill that one and again in a short bit of time another one. Still unable to find the spawn pad even though you watched the NPC come up out of the floor. So it would appear there is something wrong with that spawn pad.

14. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Not really, but the change is too new and the spawners are not set to static yet. So the POIs need to be reworked on that matter ...

15. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

came back to add that the thin plate spawner in the core room of that POI sent out a continuous stream of scorpions as well. Those were the only two that I was near long enough to get multiple waves.

really seems like a thing that should be fixed, that is a not fun factor to have what is, in essence, an indestructible enemy

16. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yep, agree. ;)

stanley bourdon likes this.
  17. Philipp

Philipp Captain

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: -
    SEED-ID: 659909

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No (Default Random)

Reproducibility: Happend One Time
    Severity: I think Minor

Type: POI

Summary: Red doll appeared after a minigun attacked a Talon Poi

Description: The Minigun was hunting me and hit the Talon POI (Small Outpost), which exploded (it was definetly a Minigun). Then two of the red dolls you can see in the screenshot appeared and one talon soldier appeared on top of another one. (Also the lower talon are two talons at the same position, you can see that in the screenshot, too.)

Steps to Reproduce: Let a Minigun shoot the small outpost ?!

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    bugreport_1.png

18. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Known issue

19. icky

icky Lieutenant

ive been pulling my hair out over this for a few days now. my friend and i found the abandoned factory and the endless stream of scorpions is a bit of a buzzkill. im glad i found this thread and that you guys know about it. is there anything i can do to temporarily remedy this until all the spawners get updated? its a local coop survival server.

20. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

if it is fixed in 9.3, I have not gotten that far, they say it is. You would need a restart. Because to get the revised POI's they must be new spawns not from a save game. there is a way to be on your current planet with your current stuff. follow these videos.

I did a completely new start.
    good luck

Germanicus likes this.