PLZ Retest and Re-Report Signal dropdowns only display 15

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by XLJedi, May 5, 2022.

1. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

Build: 1.7.9
    Mode: Creative

Reproducibility: 100% happens every time I try to assign a signal in creative mode and have more than 15 defined.

Type: Signal Assignment UI

Summary: Signal assignment is limited to only the first 15 signals I created.

Description: When trying to assign an On/Off or Lock/Unlock signal to a device, the associated dropdown list of signals only displays the first 15 signals I created. The dropdown is also ordered by creation as opposed to alpha-numeric (which is also annoying).

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Press "P" to for Control Panel
    2) Select "Signal Logic" tab/button
    3) Select On/Off or Lock/Unlock dropdowns
    4) There are only 15 choices with no scrollbar capability

[​IMG]

The signals available in the dropdown are in order based on creation. If there is a scrollbar option to display more than 15, it would also make more sense if these were alpha-numeric ordered.

Additionally, the mouse scroll wheel also does not scroll the dropdown list.

2. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Would you mind taking a couple screenshots of your video settings, just in case this has to do with a certain resolution or setting as well.
    Thanks.

3. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

Sure...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have re-validated the file installation several times. I have not tried a complete reinstall yet. EAC is enabled.

4. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Okay, not what I was thinking.
    We've seen weird things happen with the UI at high resolutions.
    You are at 1920x1080 though, so it wouldn't be that.

5. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

After further investigation, this seems to be related to a specific blueprint.

It now seems to have resolved itself after loading/spawning several other craft blueprints that did not have the same problem. Ultimately, I filled every default signal slot on the P menu with dummy signals and I can see the scrollbar gadget now.

But to be clear, there were more than 15 signals before I loaded all 8 slots on the P menu. Not sure if it was loading other blueprints that fixed it or filling the 8 slots.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Is there a known way to reliably trigger this either again with the same vessel or another newly made vessel ?
    I just checked through some of my own BP's & don't have such an issue anywhere.

7. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to duplicate it. It has resolved itself now after the actions that I took noted in my posts above. One of the problems is, you only notice the issue if you are trying to setup a signal. So you could do something to trigger it and not notice until countless operations later.

It has not resurfaced, but if I see it return, I will post back.

On a related note, would it be too much trouble to ask for an alpha-numeric sort on that dropdown?