Filed / Tracking Signal Logic: doesn't properly work in MP [00064]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Vollinger, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Vollinger

Vollinger Lieutenant

Build: 1.7.7 3718
    Mode: Multiplayer
    Mode: Creative, Survival

SERVER NAME: -
    SEED-ID: -

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Signal logic

Summary: Signal logic does not work properly in MP

Description: If you use a bit more complex circuitry than just a simple AND to turn on a light, signal logic gets really wonky in Multiplayer. Apart from increased delays in motion sensor signals and states being indeterministic after playfield changes or game loads some things just stop working at all. I tried a lot of things to reproduce things that work perfectly in SP but not at all in MP, but its hard, since i have no vanilla server with admin rights so i can prove anything. The bugs may also be caused by the motion sensors that provide the signals - i can't test this since i have no possibility to debug anything there. When a second player enters the area even motion sensors stop working but that's probably another issue.
    What definitely does NOT work properly in MP (but does in SP) are the signals when you dock the demo SV to the demo CV, as you can see in the linked video below. Try the exact same thing in SP and it works like a charm.

Why major? If you want to coop with someone in your CV that has signal logic, you have to turn all logic off/turn all devices on manually. These things also break logic in POIs.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Req: download BPs, spawn them both in a MP Server, can be creative too.
    1) Turn off godmode
    2) Walk to the cockpit of the CV, sit down and check that the "Autopiloting"-Logic works (Thrusters turn on)
    3) Leave cockpit, walk to the SV.
    4) Get to the SV cockpit, enter and fly & dock it in the blue area of the CV
    5) Enter the cockpit seat of the CV: signal states are now broken.
    X) Do the exact same thing in SP and it will work

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Download demo CV: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2768379513
    Download demo SV: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2775106247
    Video demonstration of broken signal states in an MP-Creative server: https://imgur.com/a/vgeN1Kb

Edit: The demos were originally created to simulate a signal sent from cockpits. Of course if you guys would make cockpits emit a signal when it is occupied, this would be amazing too.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Ente, cmguardia, MatCz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Vollinger

Vollinger Lieutenant

To add to this problem described above:
    A SV or HV (even if docked) in the sensor area of a Motion Sensor in SP will not emit a signal, but will emit a signal in MP.
    Please make the sensors behave identically, since there's no point in creating nice things in creative when it doesn't work in MP.

cmguardia likes this.
  3. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Signal logic I noticed that was broken in the newer patches (not sure if 3411):
    My delay based circuit stops randomly halfway through it's execution. The logic is:
    1. 1 signal started by dialogue, is input for a 60 sec delay
    2. after the delay, x2AND for the input and the trigger signal, this output is used as input for another 60 second delay
    3. repeat 1 and 2 until 5 minutes elapses, then trigger end state.

steps 1-2 only trigger twice, then stops.