Fixed Single Player Custom Difficulty Drones Off. Destroyed by drones [6600]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by drkangl, Jul 20, 2019.

1. drkangl

drkangl Ensign

Tried a search but didn't see anything. Running single player, custom difficulty with drones off... and every time i build a base, or activate a public one it gets blown.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks this will be looked into.

Can you also attach that save game you made ?
    Go to:

For SP:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games

right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it.

3. MontanaMike

MontanaMike Lieutenant

Hi @Pantera. I have also observed this problem. Attached is a saved game I made just before observing a base attack. I'm not sure if it's related, but if you start this saved game, it seems to reliably bring a base attack if you put fuel in the base's fuel tank and power the base up. The "base attack" notification will arrive not too long after this. Note that I have seen base attacks even before powering this base up, but powering the base up in this instance seems to reliably bring the base attacks down, so I thought I'd mention it.

Like @drkangl, I have also custom difficulty settings, specifically with "Drone Base Attack: Off". If it helps, I'm pretty sure this problem was introduced in build 2533. Up to that point, I had been playing just fine with base attacks off. When I updated to 2533, I started seeing base attacks even with the same difficulty settings in the same game.

Hope all this helps. Please ping me if there's any other information I can provide.

Attached Files:

4. Pantera

• Developer
    MontanaMike likes this.
  5. MontanaMike

MontanaMike Lieutenant

Confirmed. I just loaded up build 2539 and ran with my save game. No base attack so far. Also noted that the "checking for base attack" messages do not appear in the console log. I've been running 2539 long enough now that I'm confident I would have seen those messages if the bug was still in there, so I think this bug is squashed. Thanks for the quick turnaround! :)

Pantera likes this.
  6. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for checking I'll mark this as fixed.
    Feel free to PM me if this needs reopening.

MontanaMike likes this.