Solar power stops after logging off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BiffRoders, Nov 24, 2021.

1. BiffRoders

BiffRoders Lieutenant

Even noticed that? Again, is it just me. Set up a base, low draw power small base, solar power on a 24 hour in game average is double the draw (multi player). Yet capacitor is generally flat on coming back to the base either by jumping back in a ship to the planet ie: you warp your in your ship in to planet orbit, burn to the planet and slow burn to the base and find its capacitors are flat?
    Edit: does not matter how many capacitors you have.

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, there are still issues with Solar Power for sure. Even in a Single-Player world, I can leave a base with FULL capacitors, 40+ hrs running time left, most devices powered-down, average recharge waaay more than consumption etc. Yet, after leaving the playfield for a while, I return to a powered-down base.

I've even gone away from a base with both Solar (many capacitors) and a backup fuel tank and generator expecting the capacitors to charge while I'm away. Based on the stats (average solar output and consumption) it SHOULD charge up and does when I'm around. It just breaks when I'm not there. Purely solar bases simply do not work, capacitors drain / do not charge when the player is not present.

It's funny really. I've done tests where I have 40+ hours of pure Capacitor power - i.e. I've checked the values at night when there's zero charge. However, popping away for a couple of hours - going off-planet, perhaps to a different system - can see me return to zero power. I really don't know what goes wrong with the "away from base" calculations for solar power.