Fixed Solar Slope with stands not working correctly [6509]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Guardian44, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

Version: current Experimental version
    Item: Solar Slope with stands

Top row: Solar panels - sloped

i was testing different arrangements with solar panel and i noticed during placing, that one is not working correctly.

i changed the solar position many times and at some angle the slope with stands suddenly deactivated. the other 2 slopes were still operating. Since nothing is blocking the solar rays i was curious and moved again via debug lever the sun's position and only this solar panel stops working. The other 2 sloped versions are still working to some degree.

[​IMG]

2. Odinwolv

Odinwolv Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: Space Force X
    SEED-ID: 9999999
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No/

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Lighting

Summary: Large Solar Panels indicators appear to be off

Description: Unable to read indications on large solar panels while side by side.. small solar panels are able to be read under same conditions

Steps to Reproduce: build a base during the day time with large and small solar panels side by side and try to read indication on large solar panels vs small solar panels under various lighting conditions.

Both attached pics are under exact same lighting condition. just a couple steps closer than the other..light is almost blinding off the floor at that angel but.. thats not what this is about exactly. First time I noticed this.. I thought the solar panels were broken because they would never indicate charging in broad day light.. then I noticed if you shined flashlight on them.. you could see it was indeed powered.. but the small solar panels were able to be read without the flash light at all. at same angle and lighting condition.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Is this reproducible at all ?
    Any pattern to triggering it again ?

If you load into the save game is it still like this ?
    Can you supply the save game if it is ?

4. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

yes it is, you can start a single player game - creative shows best. place some blocks, align them to sun, alter via debug the day time

see screenshot below

i build a pillar so show the shadow on screen.
    from left to right - left solar panel with stand, right solar panel slope without stands

[​IMG]

i also created a small video, where i alter the time and in the background (sadly the window cannot be moved) you can see when the solar panel is working and when it is not.

you can download the save game with this setup from

http://www.guardian.at/empyrion/NewGame_0-190618-1439.zip

The Test video can be seen here

5. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

Note: Just did this with the current version, few minutes ago.

it appears that the solar panel with stands has some sort of problems with the sun angle, because there is gap, were it obviously is not working or off, the solar panel without the stands do not face this gap.

i noticed this problem/issue, when i had build a base with 15 aligned solar panel, no devices on and the capacitors were not charged, not even a little after 2 day/night cycles. all solar panels at this time were sloped ones with a stand. i checked many times, till i noticed during a day time, that the panels appeared offline or inactive. so i replaced a few of them and then i saw the different behaviour. i tested it in creative with the debug slider and it had become visible, or at least the indicators showed what has happened.

6. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for the save game I'll take a look.

Does this also happen in survival mode without touching the time slider ?

Sometimes moving the slider around can mess up the solar panels.

Pach likes this.
  7. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix will be in the next release for this please retest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.