Filed / Tracking Some heavy window blocks do not mirror textures correctly in symmetry mode [7971]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Garaman, May 28, 2021.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3366
    Mode: Survival / Creative
    Mode: Single Player / Multiplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Texturing / Mirroring

Summary: Some of the heavy window models do not apply any texture on the mirrored geometry when painting in symmetry mode

Description:
    While checking heavy window blocks for mirroring I noticed that textures weren't getting applied correctly on some of the mirrored blocks when you textured their counterpart. Colors did however apply correctly across the symmetry plane. This can be seen easily by using the yellow and black warning stripe texture along with a contrasting color like red.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load the attached "Heavy Window Test Clean" CV into a creative session. This ship contains one of each of both sets of heavy windows, placed down in symmetry mode.
    2) Enable the Y/Z symmetry plane and place it directly along the center of the ship
    3) Equip a texture and color tool. Select Red as the color, and select the yellow and black warning stripe texture
    4) Run down the left side of the ship (labeled "painted") and paint each window.
    5) Observe that in some cases the mirrored windows are red, but did not get the warning texture.

The 2nd ebp "Heavy Window Test" is the result of this procedure on my machine, as shown in this screenshot:

upload_2021-5-28_0-34-59.png

ALSO!

I noticed that some of the original heavy window blocks spawn flat by default, although the new ones are consistent. Can the old ones be updated without breaking existing builds? It's always annoying to have to alter rotations as you are laying out a window configuration. Should I file this as another bug report?

Attached Files:

2. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

reforged creative studio scenario
    current/stable branch

when in mirror mode the windows dont get their texture copied, only the color.
    upload_2021-8-11_5-7-33.png
    will check in vanilla tomorrow