Known Issue Overlapping artifcial gravity issue

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by Relo@d, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

2. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

Got a possible explanation by MontanaMike in the other thread that I will test. It can be gravity generators interfearing instead of the base moving.

3. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

I can now confirm that this issue was as MontanaMike explains an effect of when you have a gravity generator on a space base and have a gravity generator on a CV landed. In some situations the gamers minitor gets off horizon and it feels like the space base have moved.

When turning of power to the CV gravity generator everyting is correct again.

Thanks MontanaMike for input and sollution.

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Known issue of artificial gravity :)

5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Wow now that is a new one on me. It's a known issue? Must have missed that memo. But still good to know! :)

So just to be sure the base in space isn't moved when being pushed with a CV and if one ever does move it really is a bug.

This problem is a visual effect only?

6. No, they had a gravity generator on a base in space and also had a gravity generator on one or more CV's near that base. The CV or CV's were parked not level to the base and the gravity fields were overlapping.
    When you stand in overlapping fields like that, where one of them is at a different angle (CV not level with the base) your characters stance can be angled (pulled to the angle of the CV).

This is just how artificial gravity works.

The base isn't moving in any way. Bases are static and can't move. The characters up and down is just adjusting to the overlapping gravity fields.

MontanaMike and Relo@d like this.