Known Issue Space Drone spawning for Space Vessels is haywire/random

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by Fenra369, May 5, 2021.

1. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Build: 3282
    Mode: Dedicated Multiplayer, Single Player
    Mode: Survival

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Patrol Ships

Summary: Space Drone spawning for Space Vessels is haywire/random

Description: In the game, when making your own Space Vessel prefabs for use in space, it appears the game has no rhyme or reason as to how it deploys space drones when engaging a hostile entity. What I would expect to happen is the drone flies forward in the direction it is facing (determined by where I face the drone spawn). Instead, it decides to fly in whatever direction it chooses, based on factors that I don't understand. Sometimes it's forward, sometimes it's backwards, left/right whatever. Changing the core, cockpit, or drone spawn position doesn't create any different outcomes. The only difference appears to be when I move the spawner to a different location, but it still doesn't mean it will move in a desirable direction, just that it won't be the same as it was somewhere else.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create a prefab CV with a drone spawner
    2. In a scenario, setup and configure this prefab to be a space vessel, with a configured space drone spawn
    3. Running the scenario in SP/MP, attempt to gm into said patrol vessel, note that the drone spawns will being in many different directions, depending on the locations of the spawner

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    20210430114642_1.jpg 20210430120935_1.jpg