Spawn ignoring initial delay value

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by TGRF_Trainer, Sep 25, 2019.

1. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

I have been experimenting with editing yaml files, only making very light changes. One change I've made to the static yaml file (for the desert planet) is to add Zirax patrols to nearly all of the biomes. During testing, I had to cut the intial delay value down to zero just to get them to spawn, so that I could tweak their numbers. I then reset the delays to [20,24], like most other creatures.

However, upon starting a new game (SP survival, not a scenario) today, there was a Zirax patrol waiting for me as my escape pod crashed. I checked the yaml file, and it still says [20,24] for the delay. I double checked it using the EPD, and it confirms that the initial delay is indeed 20. I know it is using the edited yaml file, because no other files have Zirax patrols spawning in the biome I was in (or at all). I have tested this on two new starts, and it happened on them both.

Why is the patrol still acting like it has an initial delay of 0? What can I do about it?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The delay is the time it takes them to respawn, not the delay on initial spawning.

I don't think there is a way to delay the initial spawning.

3. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

That's... really weird. I distinctly remember the EPD labeling it as the initial delay, but you're right, it just says it's min/max for the first creature to spawn in game hours. You know... I bet I'm remembering the initial delay on the weather patterns. My bad.

Thanks for the reply, ravien. You would know. I'm watching Spanj's playthrough on Project Eden... wow.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Glad I could help!

Yeah that's a fun playthrough to watch. :D