Stable branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Polnoch, Mar 28, 2019.

?

Do we need stable version of game, or not?

1. We need stable version (but also please stay with alfa and pre-alfa too!)

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. We need only stable version - we have enough features

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We don't need stable version now. Maybe in the far future

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Polnoch

Polnoch Lieutenant

I really love this game. We tried to play together with my husband in coo-op, but every our attempt was ruined by bugs.
    Falling under textures - personal or CV.. Game exist few years, but this bug still exist, and no way to fix it ever via console and save game progress without cheats.
    Is it possible to add stable branch for game? Not only pre-alfa and alfa?

2. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I'm trying to put this gently; what you are asking for makes no sense at all and this isn't a helpful question to ask.

I assume you are trying to ask for a bug-free version of the game that's in alpha. This isn't going to happen really until at least Beta, even then not really until release. If you want that, I'd advise waiting until Beta to pick the game up again. Unless you want to personally fund a QA process for the game, it's not going to happen (until beta, or later).

Right now the game's "QA" state is experimental, which no one plays, because no one wants to test the game (which itself is incomplete). Eleon can't get people to properly reproduce the production bugs, much less the experimental ones. the game's moving along with new features, but until Eleon either invests in a proper QA team to debug and certify every patch (likely won't happen) or players show up to experimental to test (we need some reason to bother) nothing will change as far as release day issues goes.

jmcburn likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes, once the game releases after alpha and beta.

You can always switch to a previous version of the game and play that for awhile if you found it more stable.

4. Polnoch

Polnoch Lieutenant

It's also not enough stable

I'm ready to post my bugs, but can I be sure that somebody with access to codebase will fix it?

What I ask: add third, more stable branch. With main priority with bugfixes, not new features. Let's check current rating of the game in the Steam. I not only one with this opinion, and I spent a lot of time for a game - I'm not just random new player with strange ideas.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

What you're asking for is literally the definition of a released game.

Empyrion is still in alpha. Game development cycles typically goes like this:

Pre-alpha
    Alpha (we're here now)
    Beta
    Release
    And finally continued updates or expansions.

What you're asking for is literally impossible for this stage of development. You're doing the equivalent of asking someone to sweep a dirt road that's just going to get paved over anyway. It makes no sense in any way.

Sofianinho, Frigidman, Buuuh and 2 others like this.
  6. DeadliestIdiot

DeadliestIdiot Commander

The devs are very responsive here. I'd encourage you to submit a bug report in the bugs section of this forum (there's a bug submission template in one of the stickied threads of the bug section)

Frigidman likes this.
  7. Polnoch

Polnoch Lieutenant

Regarding old branches - which of them are still supporting?

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can set Steam to download the old versions, but it's unlikely any support will be offered for them.

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

o_O

This simply comes down to another person who has completely misunderstood the meaning of Early Access and Development, no thanks to steam blurring the lines (and blind morons out there fighting against the facts that "Alpha" means "Alpha"). Its not the OP's fault for this misunderstanding.

That said... the notion of asking the devs to make and fully support another branch that is merely bug-free without new features ?!?
    ... is ...
    h i l a r i o u s.
    :rolleyes: