Star Wars: Venator Class Destroyer and its support vessels

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by GBK214, Jul 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GBK214

GBK214 Ensign

[​IMG]

Link to the blueprint: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613232342

I making this thread to present my last rework of Arturius1967's Venator Destroyer from Star Wars and the vessels meant to be used with it. As alpha 10 comes out, I felt it was a good timing to upgrade it.

WARNING: This ship is huge and goes above the default objects limits so it may produce lags if used on a server or with a low end pc on solo play. Also Im not playing with weight limitations as I dont like this mechanic, so Im not sure that it packs enough thurst to leave the group with full cargo. If you find any problem, just a leave a comment here or on Steam and I'll try to fix it. This is intented to be a replica more than a survival blueprint, I rather recommend using the console commands to spawn it if you wanna use it in survival due to the enormous ammount of ressources required to spawn it.

I really liked Arturius1967's work with the hull, but I didnt really like the interior as it was more in a classical Empyrion style for me than "Star Wars-ish" so I've only kept the hull while deleting all of the interior to leave it as a empty shell and rebuild from scratch. Here's the list of the new features I added:
    • Totally new interior layout with 8 new decks accessible via two series of turbolifts (elevators)
    • New dorsal hangar doors imitating the behavior of those from the real ship
    • Ability to land with retractable landing gears and landing ramp
    • 60+ sensors for interior lights in order to limit lag and drops
    • New turret loadout with shield
    • Logic Systems and switches, like the Docked Ships Tracker
    • 24 emplacements for small to medium SVs and 7 for small HVs/BARC Speeders
    • Labeled storage for easy sorting
    It has everything needed to be a mobile a base: constructors, growing plots, medical equipement and so on.

New Interior Details:
    [​IMG]
    • -1: Storage Vault with labeled cargo controlers
    • 00: Main Hangar
    • 01: Crafting Area (constructors and repair stations) with direct access to the hangar
    • 02: Hangar Control Room with Repair Bay Console and Docked Ship Tracker for the main hangar, access to the Hyperdrive (warp) and Shield Generator room
    • 02B: Generators rooms, dorsal hangars, access to BARC Speeders hangar and landing ramp
    • 03: Turret control rooms, hyperdrive control room, ammo storage, O² storage, access to level 02B, and start of the second serie of turbolifts
    • 04: Crew quarters, cantina, mess hall, Armory
    • 05: Green House, food production and fridges
    • 06: Medical Equipements with healing and clone stations
    • 07: Port bridge: starfighter command ( dorsal hangars docked ship tracker); Starboard bridge: main piloting roof
    You can find LCD Screens on every deck with details of where you are and what you can find at this level.

Docked Ship Tracker:

This is a logic system that let you know on wich emplacements theres a docked vessel with labels and flares. You can find two rooms equipped with it: the main hangar control room and the port bridge. When you look at the roof, you can see labeled flares. If the flare is on, theres a ship docked on the corresponding emplacement.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The system may bug sometimes, if a flare is on while no ship is dock or it doesnt turn on when you dock, just undock and dock again and it should fix it.

I've taken inspiration from various Star Wars games I played (KOTOR, Dark Side serie, The Force unleashed and so on) and the few available pics and plans of the Venator available online and I've try to give it a more "star wars-ish" feeling.

Support Vessels: (Click on the name to get to the workshop blueprint)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Credits:
    • Arturius1967: big thanks for letting me use and modify its blueprints , check out his profile for awesome replicas.
    • Commander Aramix 5803: BARC Speeder blueprint author.
    Click on their names to check their profile !

Average likes this.