Start Planet Issues

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by shargett2, Dec 30, 2016.

1. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I have added several planets to my dedicated server, and a number of them are start planets. The server runs, and you can change your start planet as desired. However, I also noticed when choosing the start planet that the chosen planet's description is not displayed, but the origin is whatever was put into the sectors file for that specific planet. After a start the map indicates the correct planet, but the settings are no correct. For example The map shows a difficulty of 2, but the planet is set at difficulty 3. Also, in an effort to check this I have made large Iron ore deposits, but the largest deposit on the new planet is 1800ish. So it looks like the sectos file is working, but the planet's playfield yaml is not loading.

I have been playing with this for a long while. I am sure that I missed something somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

I found the issue, and fixed it. The difficulty is set to 3. The only issue now is that I make levels very fast. I set the player progression to slow. I will need to find a way to slow it even more. I was level 5 before I laid the first base block.

3. arg821

arg821 Commander

The main thing to be careful of, is where your playfield.yaml is for your planets. It is OK "BEFORE" you start a new game to create your planets and put all the yaml's into the CONTENTS folder, but once you start a game, you need to go into the SAVES folder and then the TEMPLATES folder if you want to modify any planets. You also need to delete the planet information by deleting the corresponding planet's folder from the \SAVES\PLAYFIELDS folder. You can then mod your planets as often as you would like utilising this method.

Andy.

shargett2 and joemorin73 like this.
  4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Go to the bottom on the PLANETS yaml, and adjust the creatures that spawn if you want it a lot harder.

Change the ORE entries to min amounts etc.

Do it in the YAML where the ore is listed to spawn in not through setting the difficulty button.

To me it sounds like you have the wrong template folder being activated.

In the sector file, there is a template folder named in each entry, all the folders in the template folder must have different names.

Or if its the problem above, the other thing you can do is just keep the saves folder open on the side, and everytime you make an adjustment delete the game save after looking at it , as the planet your testing is a starter planet doesn't make any difference.

5. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

Thank you for the input. I got it running! Empyrion on!!

6. Zeryc 2

Zeryc 2 Ensign

where do you go to change a planet to a starter planet

7. N99024

N99024 Captain

If you go into the playfield.yaml file of that planets folder, it's quite a ways down, but it's called
    "fixedplayerstart:"
    I'd recommend copying the start of the default starter planets unless your experienced with putting items in the lines of code.

8. Zeryc 2

Zeryc 2 Ensign

thanks for your help

9. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Actually you set a planet as a starter in the Sector file.

In the planet YAML you have start conditions, that's what the guy above is actually talking about, in the planet YAML you set up what your inventory is going to be and where you spawn in on that planet, ie pod or BA etc, so when you open sector file you need to add the faction or the word True after a planet, example below.

HUMAN FACTION

- Coordinates: [38, -123, 133]
    Color: 0, 1, 0.5
    Icon: Circle
    Playfields:
    - ['0, 0, 0', Mercury Orbit, MercuryOrbit]
    - ['0, 0, 0', Mercury, Mercury, 'Human:1']
    - ['2000, 5000, -7000', Mercury Moon, Moon1]

NO FACTION AT ALL

Playfields:
    - ['0, 0, 0', Mercury, Mercury, 'True']

SAME PLANET WITH NO PLAYERS STARTING

Playfields:
    - ['0, 0, 0', Mercury, Mercury]

This is a cut n paste from a playfield in my scenario of the players set up in the drop pod, all this stuff spawns inside the players inventory.

FixedPlayerStart:
    - Mode: Creative # Creative or Survival
    SubMode: Empty # Empty / Normal (only evaluated in Creative mode) [default: Normal]
    Armor: ArmorLight
    Pos: [ -428,25.7,-291 ] # position coordinates
    RotY: -50 # rotation angle around Y axis

- Mode: Creative # Creative or Survival
    SubMode: Normal # Empty / Normal (only evaluated in Creative mode) [default: Normal]
    Armor: ArmorLight
    Pos: [ -520, 43,-323 ] # position coordinates
    RotY: 50 # rotation angle around Y axis

- Mode: Debug
    Pos: [ -482.2,25.2,-252.56 ]
    RotY: 100

- Mode: Survival
    Spawn: EscapePod
    # Spawn: Structure
    # Structure: "Wreckage"
    Armor: ArmorMedium
    Items: [ "Pistol, 50Caliber:250, Drill, CopperIngot:100, IronIngot:100, CobaltIngot:100, SiliconIngot:100, Chainsaw, BioFuel:4, ConstructorSurvival, OxygenGeneratorSmall, AutoMinerCore:5, Core, TomatoStage1, WheatStage1, CornStage1, PumpkinStage1, PearthingStage1, DurianRoot, RadiationPills:7, EVABoost, PlayerBikeKit, Medikit02:2, AntidotePills:2, EmergencyRations:2, WaterBottle:2, EnergyCell:25", "Pistol, 50Caliber:150, Drill, CopperIngot:250, IronIngot:250, CobaltIngot:250, SiliconIngot:250, Chainsaw, BioFuel:6, ConstructorSurvival, OxygenGeneratorSmall, AutoMinerCore:5, Core, TomatoStage1, WheatStage1, CornStage1, PumpkinStage1, PearthingStage1, DurianRoot, RadiationPills:9, EVABoost, PlayerBikeKit, Medikit02:3, AntidotePills:3, EmergencyRations:3, WaterBottle:3, EnergyCell:34", "Pistol, 50Caliber:250, Drill, CopperIngot:300, IronIngot:300, CobaltIngot:300, SiliconIngot:300, Chainsaw, BioFuel:8, ConstructorSurvival, OxygenGeneratorSmall, AutoMinerCore:5, Core, TomatoStage1, WheatStage1, CornStage1, PumpkinStage1, PearthingStage1, DurianRoot, RadiationPills:11, EVABoost, PlayerBikeKit, Medikit02:3, AntidotePills:3, EmergencyRations:3, WaterBottle:1, EnergyCell:43", "#FreshStart: Pistol, 50Caliber:250, Drill, CopperIngot:300, IronIngot:300, CobaltIngot:300, SiliconIngot:300, Chainsaw, BioFuel:8, ConstructorSurvival, OxygenGeneratorSmall, AutoMinerCore:5, Core, TomatoStage1, WheatStage1, CornStage1, PumpkinStage1, PearthingStage1, DurianRoot, RadiationPills:11, EVABoost, PlayerBikeKit, Medikit02:3, AntidotePills:3, EmergencyRations:3, WaterBottle:1, EnergyCell:43, Computer:77, Pipes:66, MetalComponents:67, GlassPlate:37, ControlPanel:57, Cables:96, Electronics:98, MetalPieces:108, SteelPlate:600, InsulationBoost, PlasticMaterial:72, MetalComponents:89, OxygenBottleSmall:25" ]