Starter orbit and starter planet wipe coming on 1+2th August (EU + US)

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Survivalists,

some of you experienced bad issues on the official US server recently.
    Not only that one guy hacked weird stuff into the game but also login problems to Eleen for example.
    The problem was that the planet was too full or better to say too many structures were clustered on one little spot.

Here is a top 10 of the US server:

upload_2017-7-24_12-15-51.png

Here top 10 of the EU server:

upload_2017-7-24_12-17-1.png

Now this topic is old but gold and to explain it a bit:
    Wiping the starter planets is always something some people do understand and some not. Especially people who bought the game fresh and just want to build without having any clue of everything might login the other day and see their stuff gone.
    Even though they could have grabbed everything in their inventory or dismantle the base and fly into space they just go rage mode and quit.

On the other hand sooner or later, the recent days in this case, these people rage quit still because they can't login to Eleen because it got corrupt of too many structures.

You see the silly problem?

I could write dozens of pages now what systems do work, what methods could work and so on.
    But to summarize it and make it short: there is currently no perfect solution out there for everyone.

The advantages however of wiping the start planets and orbits are more heavy then the disadvantages.
    For example is the main intention of starter systems that new people can login fast and experience a smooth, 60 FPS new game / server.
    The current reality? Bases, CVs over Class 7 are camping there and causing loading times of over one minute.
    There are definitely other planets out there for that purpose.

Starter planet wipes are:
    Kelt
    M32
    Mato
    Trader Residence
    Eleen

Starter orbit wipes are:
    Mesa Sector
    Andromeda Galaxy

TL;DR:
    Starting on the 1th August 9AM(GMT+1) 2017 we will wipe the Starter Orbits. And on 2th August 9AM(GMT+1) we will wipe the Starter Planets.
    From there on it is
    every 1th and 15th of a month at 9AM(GMT+1) = wipe of starter orbits
    From there on it is every 2th and 16th of a month at 9AM (GMT+1) = wipe of starter planets

Both for EU and US

Hint: with a little intention I shifted the days. Means that you could theoretically stay in the starter system with your ship for longer to help coming friends for example. Obviously you can fly on Tuesday to the planet and on Wednesday to the orbit.

Again wiping the starter systems is nothing new and done by big servers since day 1. It was just an official test for us to see if it is REALLY that needed or not. Test closed.

Thanks for your understanding, spread the word, prepare to leave and fly safe!

RexXxuS

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Doc 2, Pantera, Exacute and 2 others like this.
  2. EvilDave 2

EvilDave 2 Ensign

Just wanted to clarify, is that Eleen, Kelt and Traders Residence or are there other planets that will be affected as well? It's been a while since I started over so I can't remember which other planets are considered starters.

EvilDave

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hey

Ye thats correct

EvilDave 2 likes this.
  4. EvilDave 2

EvilDave 2 Ensign

What about Space in Traders Residence? I see that area is PVP so I wasn't sure if that was exempt.

Thank you for everything Taelyn!

EvilDave

5. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

To clarify:

Starter planet wipes are:
    Kelt
    M32
    Mato
    Trader Residence
    Eleen

Starter orbit wipes are:
    Mesa Sector
    Andromeda Galaxy

Taelyn and EvilDave 2 like this.
  6. CinderBlackWolf

CinderBlackWolf Ensign

PLease define what the exact locations of the Orbit Wipe are.

I dont know what/where the Mesa Sector or Andromeda Galaxy are.
    This sounds more like game wide Orbit wipe.

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

The starter Orbits from the starter planets. So where u start
    They are called that way

8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Well it's basic and all you have to do is pressing M on your keyboard...

upload_2017-7-24_22-35-15.png

9. Woodchip

Woodchip Ensign

By Planet wipe, DO YOU mean that all buildings will be removed and all their contents with them, and if there is a CV, SV or HV parked at the base that will also be wiped. OR will structures still be around after the wipe ???

Also I didn't think that Trader Residence was considered as a starter planet as you can Warp away from it and Warp back..... where as once you Warp away from Kelt, Eleen ect. ect. you can not Warp back.

10. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Yes, a wipe means wipe = all gone. Only what is in your player inventory stays

Yes I thought this is reason enough to move away quickly and have a little outpost base if really needed there. But the statistics from the first post show something else.

11. Woodchip

Woodchip Ensign

Ok, understood…. So by doing these wipes you are forcing people to move away from PVE planets and go to PVP areas, otherwise if they want to stay on PVE planets they will have to Re-Build their base every week, seeing that it will be obliterated.

Personally, I don’t mind where I set up a base, PVE or PVP planets makes no difference, but, bear in mind that not everyone that plays on the EU and US Official Servers want to participate in PVP playing, some people play on these servers to do the Faction Missions, (which seems to be broken)

I am not a programmer or a great computer guru, but I’m pretty sure there must be other ways of fixing the overpopulation problem on starter planets. Example, first thing that comes to my mind is Limit the time that a person can stay on a starter planet, say a week max….. collect your resources, build a small CV and get out (Not that you sit around and build great Mansions and 20 CV’s and spend the rest of the game running around showing off your building’s and CV’s)

What I would have, is a couple more PVE planets (like Trading Residence) which are in PVP Orbits but are PVE planets, that way I think people would scatter out more and not all pile up on one planet.

These are just my thoughts and my 2 cents of contribution to a great game.

12. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Not quite correct. IF people would explore in this explore game they would find out that all planets nearby are also PvE. Only the center has PvP planets around.

Thanks for your suggestion. Player specific wipes / forces is at the moment not possible.
    But I will talk with Jascha if this might be a good next step to implement.

Regarding more planets. Sadly this is limited due Hardware and Game performance. The more open playfields you have the more CPU load you have.
    So adding more and more planets is a very high price we can't afford at the moment I'm afraid.

RexXxuS

Exacute likes this.
  13. Woodchip

Woodchip Ensign

Thanks for the reply Rex.... I posted in the support forum regarding the Faction Missions (Alien Ship) do you have any idea why the Portal keeps kicking me back to the platform and wont let me do the mission ????

14. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Cause the Portal is bugged, Rex is trying to/will fix it

15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Correct me if I'm wrong: the biggest problem regarding server performance, apart from the number of concurrent open playfields, is the block / device count ? And if so, to what proportion should this block / device count be lowered as a "maximum" on any given playfield to prevent regular wipes and allow fluid gameplay ? Could there not be a limit of ships / structures a single player could own ?

16. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

U cant prevent wipes. Its not only what u are saying.

Cores do it aswell. Blowing holes/diggin in the ground make the .area files larger.
    Everything what happens on the planet make it worse and worse and worse.

No matter how good your hardware is it doesnt matters. The game need to get optimized

Kassonnade likes this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I see what you mean. And even if the game gets some amount of optimization, it will only hold up to some amount of more holes / modifications by more players, etc.

18. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Exaclty :)

Think u Always need starter wipes. Keeps also new ppl happy there is something to do and they dont find an empty world.
    Regeneration for instance is nice. But it doesnt restore the drone waves. Unlimited Drone waves is still bugged. Same with Drones
    who patrol the world they dont come back unless u delete some files or wipe. Same with deposits, but oke u have meteorites in there place.
    But wipeing just those files messes up your deco in POIs and such. So only one thing to do wipe whole planet..
    ppl just have to get used to it :)

Kassonnade likes this.
  19. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

In a sense, when mining drills get a "buff" if it contributes to deplete deposits faster, even though players get more "ore per minute" it doesn't help the game itself... What about limits to players capacity to crank up the block / device count ?

20. Burn

Burn Ensign

starter wipes are a good thing but what about all the base built around Asteroids i have pics but you realty just need to find one in pve space to see a base built around them. PVP well its normal you can kill the base to get at the ore but pve is a small problem. i know i just when to the plaint but i thought i would bring it up as it could be a problem down the road

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.