Starter System - Erestrum & Zascosium

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by TheGazbeard, Mar 27, 2022.

1. TheGazbeard

TheGazbeard Lieutenant

In previous versions of EGS, the starter system contained at least one planetary remnant that provided Promethium, Pentaxid, Erestrum & Zascosium. That was fine and was the go-to location for those ores to get your first CV fuelled up and out of system.

Now, under the current and previous version, that planetary remnant is now a Polaris owned Alloy Production Plant, which has a single trader in the hangar. That trader BUYS Zascosium Alloy but does not sell either Erestrum or Zascosium ... and neither does any other trader in the starter system.

This makes it a problem to progress story mode to the Sigma Fulcrum mission and beyond.

Has the dev team thought about how to rebalance changing the planetary remnant from a non-aligned location to being Polaris owned?

On my community server we have a tradition of achieving honoured status with Talon + Polaris + Pirates + Free Colonists (and anyone else we can manage it with) so early to mid game we cannot just go mine the planetary fragment for E & Z.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You don't need erestrum or zascosium to leave the starter system. Though you can still obtain them through loot.

3. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Try trading, you don’t even need mining now

4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

It sounds like you're either playing on a server which has its own configuration, or you didn't leave your starter orbit system, what you call 'starter system' is usually much larger, lots of bodies and orbital systems with POIs in orbit or on planets. I've never seen a starter system in vanilla single player where I didn't get *all* the ores, if not in the wild then latest at the traders.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    Germanicus likes this.
  5. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

You don't get anything from raids. I have a S.V. with Warp, to get erestrum and zascosium from asteroids from other nearby places. Mmm... I'm already thinking about setting up a store to sell resources hehehe.

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

If you only need little quantities of these ores about 50 or so, go catch Golem creatures, they are on desert, icy and even temperate planets, each creature will randomly yield a serie of about 5 different ores. Also rocks on planets can yield ores that you extract with your Survival Tool. For larger quantities you need to find traders, or you must leave your system to a new nearby star if you don't find any asteroids or ore deposits, the star description in the map could give you some hints about the presence of ressources.

7. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

Do you know you can get erestrum and zasconioum ingots by deconstructing laser rifle and laser pistol ?
    I mainly use my credits to buy those 2 things to get those ingots.

8. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I rather sell these weapons, only the T2 aussalt riffles cannot be sold, I therfore deconstruct them.
    You are right with your idea but if you can use a deconstructor that means you are at level 15-20 in your game, although there are some rare POIs which also have one to use, alas you would need a Honored reputation for not being penalized to use the linked cargo boxes.
    Anyway, at that level you should since long be able to leave your system and find ores by your own - and believe me, once you do you quickly won't know where to put all these ores :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  9. TheGazbeard

TheGazbeard Lieutenant

"you didn't leave your starter orbit system, what you call 'starter system' is usually much larger" ... this is the correct interpretation.

I meant "starter orbit" and in the reference of using a CV to leave that orbit - i.e. once you leave you don't plan to return, therefore an SV is not the suitable vehicle.

Apologies for any confusion.