Starting over

Discussion in 'Role-playing' started by DuLux, Nov 29, 2020.

1. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I'm a bad writer and this is mere doodling but I've never been a big fan of the Empyrion story because I can't keep track of it very well. Since I'm still confused about what it's all about, I write this haphazardly on top of it.
    [Edit] After skipping the Sergeant Palant part of the first solo mission, I am getting more information and am updating my dates XD.

Star date 2473.740
    Escaping my home town for a yearly barbecue on Gallati, I had received an emergency signal. This was a pretty regular affair since the incidence of Laser Drone attacks had increased quite a bit in recent years. They didn't usually do a lot of damage so I didn't expect to do much more than show up and help scare them off. I however got quite a surprise after coming out of warp...

The emergency signal had disappeared and my ship was being attacked by a constant barrage of lasers. I could only hear impactful sounds of hull damage as I pressed the emergency release button in my escape pod. (Isn't it funny we arrive in this game in an escape pod, but there is no escape pod device you can put in a capital vessel?)
    The escape pod landed with a resounding thud in a grassy meadow on the temperate planet Uone.

It was purdy down here... good oxygen levels, nothing upsetting except for some bloody dinosaurs which didn't seem too interested in anything anyway. I knew this trip to the barbecue would be a long one since I'd been in this scenario before. I had nothing but the essentials: Water, rations and an AI matter-energy manipulation gun... but that's all. I didn't even have a suit in which to jump up and down in frustration. I felt a great relief seeing a Polaris teleport station just over the hill but to my huge sadness, it would not operate... and in fact it's container threatened me when I tried to open it. FORGET YOU GUYS THEN!

Over several days, I got to work performing the fundamentals... gathering ore and sustenance, building a basic base which could support a small construction device. I was indeed very lost and could see no POIs (which are usually inhabited by jerks anyway) and very little wreckage could be found via crapcycle. I can say one thing about this planet though. Thank goodness for the trees. Without the trees I'd have had no fiber for bio-fuel...a radical material that could fuel anything and lead me finally to some promethium.

Star date Star date 2473.752
    After 12 grueling days I had a ship ready. No thanks to those Polaris jerks mind you! I finally found a large settlement I decided to risk stopping at. They didn't have any ships to buy AT ALL. Just plants, basics, knick-knacks, pistols... and gold. Seriously? Once I saw that they were the same old expressionless pricks that I'm used to, I quickly pawned off my biofuel for some overpriced promethium pellets and went on my way.
    Polaris were always a bit touchy... open one container of theirs and suddenly, all hell breaks loose! Luckily, in this Solar System they accepted my credits and I could sit down with a glass of particularly disgusting milk.

My first attempt to reach an orbiting base with proper guns and other wares were fumbled.. fonted?.. fallanted? by those blasted laser drones. I landed on a sandy shoal back on planet side and decided to grabs some more materials.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Sup and Germanicus like this.
  2. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Star date 2473.752 Late afternoon
    It's a sweltering day on Uone. I just found out that I have over 20 metric tonnes of ore and while they aren't rare ore... it's plenty to make some ammunition. It's incredible how absorbed I can get with thinking about the ribs at the yearly barbecue, I had no idea I had the capacity to build defensible ammo!!

*yawn*, time to crawl into the tent. What? Bed? I'm no safer inside a base than a tent it turns out... SO forget beds. What a waste of steel plates.
    I'd munch on the meat I'd had in my pocket but unfortunately, after 5 days, it went bad. I hope I'll have a better tomorrow.

Star date 2473.753
    After building some ammo and gathering more herbal leaves... for medkits... for the MED KITS guys come on... I left the slimey-blobs behind. Did you know that slimey-blobs make milk? Yes and its much better than Polaris milk, I can tell you that!

Loaded with 600 gatling gun rounds, lets hope I do better making my way to an orbiting station with a better market.
    [​IMG]
    Goodbye to the hazy day on Uone.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Runeshadow, Sup and Germanicus like this.
  3. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Star date 2473.754
    Nearly crashing to the ground, I hit up the shoal base again to make more ammo. I wasted 400 rounds on two laser drones and 2 more were in quick pursuit. All I got were a couple power coils which I don't have much use for... I mean why on earth would I need advanced equipment for a barbecue?
    ----------------

---------------
    I flew to a waypoint set on my ship's map and found a large base. While it was primitive, the leader seemed friendly... well until he asked me to buy a sprout from his market...
    ----------------

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020