Not a bug Starting Planet Orbit POI Missing

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Nerd01, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Build: 1.0
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME:

SEED-ID: -

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity:

Type: POI

Summary: Missing POIs

Description:

Every POI in starting planet orbit is missing, including mission specific ones. Starting a new game with a new seed doesn't solve the issue. Started a survival game, went to orbit, used map command to reveal POIs but only resource asteroids exist.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Germanicus likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Please open the console and type in 'stats'. Make a screenshot of the info that pop up and append it to this thread please, so we can have a look. :) Thx.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    What you can also do to check if this is a "visual issue" > open console and type in "ents -all" . This will show you the list of the entities/bases/POIs in this playfield. Make a screenshot as well and append it to this thread. Thx!

4. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Here it is, I made a new game with a new seed. Upon landing changed game mode to creative, spawned a ship and went to orbit.

https://imgur.com/0ky4fQQ
    [​IMG]

5. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Did you switch back to survival before or after going to orbit?
    Switching the game mode to creative mode has some negative impacts on existing survival games sometimes. If it was in creative mode when you went to orbit then it could have caused it to generate with the creative playfield templates.

What happens if you never switch game modes?
    You can spawn blueprints for free in survival by using the sbp command. There is no need to switch game modes.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

I switch it back on in my original game, but to be fair I dont remember if I did go to orbit in creative on in my original game. Might forgot to turn it off after spawning My CV (grinding for it every time I restart is too time consuming) so I will try it when I have the time.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Yep, changing game mode effects map generated. This wasnt a thing before though, might be the result of change on how playfields generate.

You can consider this closed.

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  8. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Glad to get it sorted.
    It "shouldn't" be an issue as long as you remember to use the changemode command to switch back to survival mode before switching playfields, but no guarantees.

I find it best to just avoid the changemode command at all costs if you are playing a game you want to keep. Otherwise it just takes one mistake to completely ruin things.
    Sometimes just exiting the game and reloading before remembering to switch back can ruin things.

You can use godmode, itemmenu, spawnanyblueprint, and all the other good commands in survival mode anyways. With just using those 3 it is basically creative mode already, except for you don't have the selector tool and copy/paste features in the build menu.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

All POIs are set up to spawn only in survival mode so changing to creative will make it so no POIs appear on new playfields like Krazzy mentioned.

10. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Since All playfields were generated at the first game launch before, POIs stayed they way they spawned at game launch no matter which game mode you use later. But since now they are being generated as you travel to them, mode you are in effects their generation.