Filed / Tracking Starting Seed Stats not taken into account upon new game start [00811]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by basingleton, May 28, 2020.

1. basingleton

basingleton Commander

Mode: Survival, Single Player

SEED-ID: 492562

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor/Major

Type: Game start Stats

Summary: Game Seed Stats don't match when the game starts vs setup

Description: Starting Stats on setup do not match reality when new game is launched. This is a functional bug, and not a display bug (based on output from O2 generator). Since people pick the seeds to get the starting stats they want, this is a medium severity. I like no O2 starting environments with relatively low O2 concentrations for more challenge.. if the seed stats are not followed, it is frustrating to start the game you want for your play style.

Game Seed above, arid planet starter "Ibhabrigl"

Here are the Stats for Setup vs Actual:

Gravity: Setup = 0.91g, actual per map = 0.89g
    Temperature: Setup = 7C to 123C, actual per map = 0 (new bug I think all say zero in the map)
    Radiation: Setup = 0.7, actual per map = 0.5
    Air Density: Setup = 0.96, actual per map = 1.31
    O2 Concentration: Setup = 11.32%, actual per map = 11.01, actual per condenser = 11% (rounds down)

**Note on the O2 that my initial report on a different seed (118856) said 10.05% on setup, but was 18.27% on the map, so a wild swing in reality (and the O2 generator stated the rounded down 18%, so it's not a display bug).

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Use the seed provided above and pick the Arid planet
    2) Note the stats (listed above from setup) on setup screen
    3) start game then:
    4) hit 'm' for map and select the planet, the stats do not match (listed above from map)

@Pantera there seems to be another bug in A12.4.2 which shows (on the map) all planets at exactly "0" for the min/max temperature. I'm adding that in here since it is a stat that is off, but all planets say "0" now on the map.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    runlykhel likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Germanicus likes this.