Filed / Tracking Station Services overfills Pentaxid tank [00494]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Robot Shark, May 22, 2021.

1. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Build: 3362
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial
    Type: Station Services

Summary: Station Services overfills Pentaxid tank

Description: Actually an old bug, when you have weights turned off and you use Station Services to refill your Pentaxid tank the station will overfill it.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to the Orbital Trading Station and fill your Pentaxid tank

The tank was 100% full in this screenshot and Station Services said it was 50%.

20210521214114_1.jpg

Kassonnade likes this.
  2. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Bug in Station Services

Summary: Buying 100% of Pentaxid from Station Services does not fill tank

Description: Buying 100% of Pentaxid from Station Services does not fill tank

Steps to Reproduce: Go to a station with Station Services for Pentaxid. Press 'P' to open the panel. Click on the "Station Services" tab. Make sure the slider indicates you want to buy enough Pentaxid to fill 100% of the tank. Press "Buy". The Pentaxid tank fills only a portion of what is needed.

Note: Both the Oxygen and Fuel work the same way, and fill the entire tank when "Buy" is pressed. Pentaxid should match the behaviour.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links:

3. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

Same reason than for your other post about pentaxid tank. It is due to the fact that the pentaxid tank is in fact a container, and that you play without mass/volume check.
    I would call that a half bug, since you seem to play without limitation.

4. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Hi Kat - thanks for replying. I'm not sure whether or not I play with mass/volume checks on should change the ability to fill the tank to 100%. I agree the pentaxid tank is actually a container, but in the Station Services, it indicates it can fill 100% of the tank, yet setting the buy option to 100% and pressing "buy" does not fill the tank and place enough pentaxid in the container that the tank reads 100% full (or as close as possible). I can press "buy" three or four times and watch the level of pentaxid increase, yet still not hit close to 100%.

I could try putting the limitations on, but my gut tells me it won't change the behaviour of the station service. If you've tried it and it does fill the pentaxid tank to 100%, please let me know.