Steps to Building an In-game Economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by michaelhartman89, Jul 17, 2017.

?

In favor of expanding the Economic System

1. Yes

148 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Yes for Economic System, but no to Blueprint charge

52 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

**I will be updating this thread on a regular basis**

What Empyrion needs to bridge the gap between the player and the npc, is demand for trade goods and the payment of currency for the players hard work.

Real Estate
    Selling old BA, CV, HV, and SV to traders /players with an in-game NPC Realtor should be a possibility.

Maybe later we could see the addition of cities that have properties/land for sell.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/faction-vending-and-ship-selling.20421/

Blueprint System

The blueprint system should no longer be able to spawn vehicles with just materials. Each item should require an added cost of credits, in order to purchase it from the factory.

So that you are either paying the flat rate for the ship or providing materials and funding the required construction time.

Purchasing your ship:

* High Cost- pay for the building of the ship + buying the materials for the ship

* Low Cost - providing the materials + paying for the building of the ship with credits.

Cost Analysis
    The cost of the sv, cv, ba or hv will be determined off factors of time to build the ship on hourly wage at say a reasonable rate per hour.

(Leaving a setting to toggle it on or off for players and servers)

Empyrion Bank

This would be a physical location with a app to access it remotely. This allows the players to withdrawl money from a ATM like we do currently. They would have banks at all Trade Stations.

Loans
    Give characters a way to take out loans on their ship, making payments on it or risk it being seized by the authorities.

Black Market

Players can choose to trade illegal weapons, medical supplies or food stuffs through Smuggling Agencies, Mob Bosses and Thugs.

This adds in the possibility of Smuggler, Pirate Classes and Law Enforcement.

Trade System

Characters will sell ores and other mats to traders in return for credits to buy goods, new vessels and bases.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/can-we-sell-to-the-traders-at-some-point.20416/

Stock Market

Add in fluctuating prices for ores and mats based on the demand per server to add an economy and you are set. For example: add a stock market where iron prices may rise +50 credits per ore or drop -25 in one day.

This way, input from each server is real time and people will wait for the opportune time to sell their goods when the price is high. This will also push the necessity of selling rarer products such as rare ores, food stuffs or medical products for higher prices.

Galactic and System Markets

New Materials & Restricted Materials

I would like to see a larger field of materials for the player to collect to produce bionic powerups and accessories as well.

Add one or two very rare resources, which can only be found through research. Maybe a treasure map for an ore spot scattered in 3-4 items or found by chance. There are many possibilities.

Only with these resources will you be able to build rare exotic items, such as a thruster 4x larger than the current XL Thruster.

Credit Reward for Destroying Cores

- Reward players with a credit bonus for destroying an Enemy POI core or other players cores in PVP.

( I understand that there is a work around this ahead of time, where 2 players on opposing sides can just build cores all day long, so are there any thoughts or ideas on this topic.)

http://empyriononline.com/threads/credits-for-destroying-cores.12435/

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I vote Yes cause the Economic System can use fleshed out & expanded on some more, especially in the sense of being able to sell stuff, especially Renewable Stuff, to make bucks to use to buy stuff one may need more of at a particular time.

With that said, screw paying peeps to do my Building Work, i'd rather do it myself with my own 2 hands. :cool:

Jacoviz, Ephoie, binhthuy71 and 6 others like this.
  3. michaelhartman89

I've always had a creative side, and I only spawn my own bp's.

We need to have a working economy to determine how rich a player is which seems to be an end game goal.

We have all these left over ores and absolutely no reason to use the in-game currency. Let's flesh that whole system out a bit

4. michaelhartman89

Btw you can earn some extra money working for the repo service getting that mothership back to the bank from the poor soul that can't afford the 15% interest on it bc his credit score sucked.

He should have paid that trader back when he bought the Advanced Constructor he couldn't afford either at the time.

Oh well he defaulted on his loan and you need the money so I guess you'll just have to brave his AA Guns like the badass you are lol

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I might be open to part time Mercenary Work. ;)

6. michaelhartman89

Hell yah, finally opening up those npc missions and fleshing out singleplayer and multiplayer.

The thing is once I get all fat, dumb and happy, I just want to sit back and look at my wealth and lose the drive to better my faction. I usually build a huge ship or BA to boast my GREATNESS since most servers I play on have very little creative players lol.

Then I sit back and say I BUILT THAT! BEAT THAT WORKSHOP!

7. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Some very nice ideas i like them.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. michaelhartman89

thanks man, I'm compiling all my previous posts to one thread so people can see my suggestions and more importantly the devs. I'm looking for tons of feedback and discussions to see how others like the concepts

spacefarmer, Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  9. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Next time I'm at my computer i will type up some of the idea's i have had, its a little to much to type on my phone:D

10. michaelhartman89

lol I did about 50% of this tonight at work on my phone
    the text is hard to do over the phone, especially when you can press back on accident and lose your entire comment

Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  11. Valkin

Valkin Ensign

Disagree with the blueprint part unless it can be turned off on a per-server basis.

Otherwise I like!

12. michaelhartman89

It was just a way of trying to solve the infinite ship problem in player's factories.

Also a way to promote creativity in the community encouraging players to sell their designs in-game and encouraging others to design their own vessel or base.

I added a third category to the poll for you haha

13. tehmashby

tehmashby Lieutenant

I half like your blueprint idea, maybe a rush cost instead e.g
    Build a cv tier 1 cost 10,000 without any materials
    5,000 with half the materials
    +1,000 to rush 1 hour of production

Obviously it cant be that simple, but it could work, and be a reason to spend credits end game

14. michaelhartman89

Well you also figure in the fact that now that you would be able to sell your ore in a working economy and making money buying stocks and other things, you will have a TON of credits to spend, so the cost for building your ship is expected.

You dont hire a contractor in real life and expect them to work for free since you paid for all the materials out of pocket. So why would it be any different for buying a ship or base in a game.

If i want something for free , I have to build it myself

15. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Hit the microphone and talk.

16. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I have recently been playing Avorion, and found it to have a very cool trade system in place. You collect resources to build your ships and you can sell them for credits but the real economy and money is made by selling "commodities" between npc stations and factories. These commodities are not physical things that you can use on your ships but rather theoretical items that just take up cargo space. The whole system is dynamic and changes, if a factory's supply of something is low they pay more for it. If a factory has produced a surplus of something it sells pretty cheap, so nice trade routes can be established. The nice thing is this system is seperate from the building system, you are not trading in physical blocks and ore that thanks to autominers is an almost infinite resource. So actual supply and demand can be created. Best part is it is almost a mini game within the game so if you have no interest in trading you don't need to

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  17. michaelhartman89

Edited forum and added:

Credit Reward for Destroying Cores

- Reward players with a credit bonus for destroying a Enemy POI core or other players in PVP.

( I understand that there is a work around this ahead of time, where 2 players on opposing sides can just build cores all day long, so are there any thoughts or ideas on this topic.)

http://empyriononline.com/threads/credits-for-destroying-cores.12435/

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  18. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I think rewarding people directly for killing players and bases would just lead to an even worse kill on site and harassing players mentality. It's bad enough now but the only real reward is the loot you get. If players earned credits for killing players they would just kill them in one spot and circle the planet and hunt and kill them over and over again.

AndyH and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. michaelhartman89

Well there would still be PvE areas where they can hang out.

I want to promote balanced PvP in a way that gives an upper hand to builders that build and balance their ship aerodynamicly.

I like to think there would be more of a reward in credits for them to upgrade to different bp's.

At the same time it would be nice if we could sell ships to traders in order to upgrade to bigger designs.

Sure people can still build ships, but quality prebuilt ships from builders that did research and balanced their craft should always be superior to something that you throw together in 5 min. That should make all the difference when you are in a dogfight.

This is how I feel the game should dictate which person is better. I would also like to see more stats displayed along the player's name.

Without PvP there isn't the same kind of competition. POI and AI will never be on the same level as another player that can make unscripted mistakes or superior moves in the heat of a dogfight.

20. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I agree with you that adding reward for building efficient ships would be cool(although we would all have to fly deathcubes because despite the fact that they are ugly and lack any imagination or style, they are extremely efficient in combat, and with the current game mechanics there is no way to make a beautiful ship stand a chance against one) i don't think straight up giving credits for killing people is a good idea. It will even further segregate the pvp and pve players on a sever. For example i just joined a new server and while i normally stick to pve i decided to start on a pvp planet for some added challenge(i am fully aware that i can die at any time and can lose everything at any time and im ok with that) so i am stuck on this planet even if i do a fresh start. now of there was any honor in combat and people just destroyed you then left you alone to try to build back up then there would be no problems. But there is no honor in combat and people are jerks, and with the fact that they only have to get close and you show up on the mini map its not that hard to find you on the small planets. I just think that if players were getting paid to kill players it would lead to merciless hunting of players, people would shoot you down then fly around the planet find you, kill again and again before you can even think of rebuilding. I think it would lead to even more abuse and rage quits.