Fixed Strange troop transport behavior [6062]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Kalista, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Kalista

Kalista Commander

Mode: SP survival

SEED-ID:43876

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility:Always

Severity: Major

Type: Troop Transport Behavior

Summary: TT ai behaving oddly

Description:troop transport since i triggered one shooting down a drone over one of thier pois spawns one that rushes over to me only to stop and turn around after reaching about 1200m and only to repeat it on each reloading on the save. game started in version 2281
    edit: it also happens if i leave the planet and come back to it right after the playfield loads i get the alert for the transport

Steps to Reproduce: load save attached behavior should start when the game loads

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQtT95IphJWQC17OtSpSC7nrZC01CgzL/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

I can confirm the same thing happens to me.

When I load the game, a warning of impending Troop Transport happens, and approximately 3 minutes later one shows up, gets close, turns around and goes home. Does not stop or deliver troops.

At first I thought it was because of the local fortifications, but even off, it still comes and goes.

Now, if I shoot it down I will get an immediate warning of another Troop Transport, which will again show up and leave.
    If I continue to shoot them down they will just continue to come. I stopped shooting them down after 5 rounds of this.

This is new game as of build 2275.

3. Numonar

Numonar Commander

the Troop Transporter respawns the second you shoot down one, again...and again... and....

SamuelPatre likes this.
  4. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

I got so fed up with this I finally destroyed the drone base ( still half expected to see the transport again ) not such a big deal but I like to leave the drone base till last normally.

5. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

The last saves (now build 2281) then I get "welcomed" with a Troop Transport alert. I just ignore it and keep exploring and such. Seen it appear a couple of times, but it just turns and go back so I just let it be. Often crappy loot on them too.

6. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Same here.. after the 4'th or 5'th transport-warning after shooting down each one i just followed one back where it came from in my battletank and took out the dronebase and every other base around.
    Started out on a Very Large planet so i had not bothered to explore it all.. that trip took me halfway around the planet and revealed lots of goodies, so it all ended well :p

Gaz likes this.
  7. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks this will be looked at.

Ann|e Noa|m likes this.
  8. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

Just FYI: This also happens when I return to my planet from space.
    So, either loading the game on home planet or returning from travelling in space.