Sublimation and dryer of products.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cgw 2, May 11, 2021.

1. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

You could have just said, "Let's introduce freeze-drying to reduce the need for refrigeration of food.":rolleyes:
    Not a bad idea. I could go for it. That said, I'm sure there must be something wrong with the idea. There usually is when I like it.:(

Germanicus likes this.
  3. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

It would be more realistic, but I'm not sure it would be more interesting. Since then you will not have to take care of gardens, since any food actually becomes a dry ration and is stored for a very long time, almost forever.
    Unless you make the ability to create sublimation machine very expensive to craft, Then it will be justified. but not as realistic.

4. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Sorry, I don't see the difference. The links you provided were talking about freeze-drying. At least that's what I got from it.

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Players can change all decay times in the itemsConfig.ecf to be more realistic. We can then have some food with low value to last a lot longer (survival context) and high value food to not last as long, but at least it would not decay in a few game days. Have "meals" decay faster is OK, but for all dry /canned food delays could be longer.

I suggested not long ago that when the playfield temperature is below zero then food should not decay since it should be frozen.

Germanicus and Track Driver like this.