Suggestion: better accessibility to Auto Miner Core

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anorax, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Anorax

Anorax Ensign

I was watching the Spanj stream and Hummel asked I post my suggestion here for him to read.

My request is to simply make Auto Miner Core's easier to obtain to be able to produce T1 Auto Miners or at least make it a server choice setting whether we have the ability to craft one or not. As it stands it can be difficult to be able to find or afford the Core under the current system. My servers gaming group also supports this suggestion. So for players they have the ability to craft an Auto Miner Core and then still have to put effort in if they want to upgrade to a T2 or T3 Autominer.

ravien_ff, Germanicus and Needleship like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I don't want to discuss your Suggestion as it is a legit one.
    I only like to say the following from a SP Perspective that I can buy the Auto miner Cores from Polaris Traders from the orbiting Space Station, all 24 hours several of them and can put together the credits with ease by selling Weapons or Pentaxid to them. But, as you say, You like to see them to be as a T1 be craftable and that's ok for me too.

Anorax likes this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If you suggest them to be craftable - what would you consider being a template thats affordable, but not too cheap so loot and buying still is an alternative?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Put an Optronic Bridge or Matrix in it?

Anorax and ravien_ff like this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can make them craftable on servers with a custom config right now.

Could be one way of doing it. Make them expensive and add value to optronics when you find them as loot.

Anorax and Germanicus like this.
  6. Anorax

Anorax Ensign

I would suggest an Optronic part(s) would be a minimum requirement for a T1 Auto Miner Core. This would still push players to search for gold and rare elements but would make it fairer for those who do not want to farm 100K+ credits to be able to buy it at a trader or be lucky enough to find one from container.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Average

Average Commander

Just as a related point, the relative ease of getting T3s once you're past that initial bottleneck, and the ability to faction them with a couple of faction buddies makes mid-late game resources almost limitless/meaningless. With two buddies and I putting down AMs on each large deposit we can find, we get 3x7000 ore a day, which is 42,000 ingots a day, just on one deposit. So maybe T1 cheaper, T3 way way harder by default? Perhaps the cores could be used to upgrade the T1 rather than build it. (personally I'd jump at a MP server with AMs disabled, but I doubt many others feel that way)

Germanicus likes this.