Suggestion: Camera modes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wakfu, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

Anyone read these?

Ok could you make a camera mode where it focuses on a target? In order to do that got to implement target locking. Also make it so you could lock more than one target.

Trouble I've had is I am engaging a carrier, and I have heavy weapons, no real space for light guns, and the fighters divert my fire from the carrier. And those guns have no way in hell chance of hitting the fighter anyhow. But if I locked onto target i could make my turrets fire only at my locked target.

Also a target camera would have small maneuverable ships with positional awareness when kiting bigger targets. as it is when trying to kite, targets dont have a range meter on them.

Suggestion: add range to off screen targets?

japp_02 likes this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

At least 122 people must read these, plus myself.

"Target Lock" has been on the wish-list for years. The closet thing that we have, so far, is Homing Missiles which are barely adequate. Did I say barely...I meant hardly!

You can designate turrets to target just SVs and other to concentrate on CVs or any combination thru the CP(Devices). But msaybe that's not what you're talking about.

It sounds like you're talking about "tracking drones" with cameras to follow designated targets. Is that right?

Adding range would be a great idea except it would probably be in a format that I couldn't see. (ref. CROSS-HAIR).;)

3. Track Driver

I forgot to ask...what is "kiting" in regards to space/aerial combat? Does it involve string theory?:confused:

4. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

kiting is maneuvering around usually at greater distances to avoid incoming fire, usually in a specific direction. I know you can designate different stuff for turrets. But what happens if you have two cv's in range, suppose I want to concentrate fire on one only?

As for cameras, I mean if I lock a target, no matter what direction I fly in, the camera pans to keep the target in view with my ship automatically. instead of being locked to my facing direction.

5. Track Driver

All good points. Never heard the term "kiting" before. Thamks for the clarification.

Good luck with that.

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

A fly-by view would be nice, eyecandy but not so useful, instead Target Lock would be really fine and useful while playing. I think this is relatively easy to implement and should come in the future. However this would also necessitate an overhaul of the space grafics, currently the ouside views are too static to give a real movement impression.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021