Suggestion: enable control panel via WiFi

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JCataclism, Jul 2, 2020.

1. JCataclism

JCataclism Ensign

Hello!
    It would be better if the player could access the control panel of a vessel/building also when connected with it using the 'F4' button.
    Ok, once can somehow to do that if they access the cargobox by thru the icon inside the constructor, and then return.
    But, right now, let´s say you have a big wall of glass between you and your vessel, you will not be able to access its control panel ('P' key) because of the glass... or whatever exists between the player and its ship.
    So, I´d love to be able to configure my ships while in WiFi´s range, even if I cannot exactly point at them.

Thank you!

2. Average

Average Commander

Actually you can already do this via the registry if you're close by. The only things that are disabled IIRC is the access which means you can control the constructors.

As a more general comment, I want to lament that I feel many people sometimes desire convenience when it doesn't necessarily improve the game. In particular it sucks that we have this amazing block design system, but since wifi there is very limited gameplay reasons to ever walk through the interior of a ship or base.

JCataclism likes this.
  3. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

A thing I have notice a lot in this relative to SE is that people tend to design with very accessable equipment whereas in SE it was actually very common to bury everything to get higher density builds. TBH, I felt far less need to access stuff directly In SE as well, so I would say the WiFi and control panel is NOT that convenient currently implemented with its associated UI.

I don't think it needs any special new features, just better organisation of the UI and maybe better storage linking form equipment (ie any connected store as input rather thsn a selected one ... etc).

Average and JCataclism like this.
  4. JCataclism

JCataclism Ensign

Agreed.
    Thank you!

Average likes this.