Suit Progression idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Supay, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Supay

Supay Captain

I'm sure some of these things have been suggested in one form or the next but here is my take on it.

The suit should have armor slots, boost slots and technology slots.
    Armor and boost are in-game but we really need some technology slots.
    You can earn different technology from faction quest/trader, rare drops in POI's and some craftable?

We already have night vision goggles which make no sense in the future(I'm guessing a place holder?).

*Night vision technology chip - Same as night vision goggles but not in your inventory and makes more sense
    *Thermal vision Technolgy chip - Makes targeting easier even at night!

*Stealth - Renders the person invisible for a short time and unable to fire weapons or do certain actions.

*Personal shield T1 and T2 - Puts a small personal shield that gives you extra health in the form of a regeneration shield. T2 regens a bit faster and has more health.

*Thermal Magnetic shield - Protects the user from heat found on lava planets.

*Aquatic breathing - Rare find and enable the suit to filter air out of the water to breathe without using oxygen supply.

*Medical response chip - Takes medicine and deploys it when needed. You throw in some anti-parasite meds and get a parasite infection this will use your supply and remove it from you. Limited slots so put what you will deal with communally in the said area you are going.

*Grappling hook - This is so needed in this game for so many things and also to help you when the jet pack runs out and you are falling down a tower. Limited use and requires a recharge after use. Maybe T2 has 3 hooks you can use?

*Magnetic boots - Can be used to walk in space on metal vehicles especially when we get weightless type effect when no jet pack. It can also be used to walk on metal poi walls on some planets where gravity isn't too harsh.

I think this would add a nice level to the game. How people acquire the technology chips is up to devs but like I said rare drops? Maybe some or one is a faction questline reward? Faction traders sell some when you get max faction?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Some great ideas! Boosters at the moment aren't very exciting and this could help. :D

Supay, Germanicus and Track Driver like this.
  3. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

These are all great idea's! We so need a pirate faction that you get any and all the perks if you are high enough from the black market.

But then the traders would have to only show what they have in stock, not all of their stock. Have different ranked black market traders. So you just can't get it all from one.

That was the one thing I always enjoyed in X3 was making friends with the pirates to get the stuff you just couldn't find. Even then not all pirates were your friends. So some would attack you.

But back on topic. Yes I agree these would be great additions to the game and clear up some backpack space!:D

Supay and Germanicus like this.
  4. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Great ideas, indeed!
    We've talked about magmetic boots before but so far nothing has come of it.

"Night Vision Goggles" is just a name as you don't actually select them from the tool bar but toggle them when the helmet is on. In essence, it is just what @Supay says, a technology chip. I agree it should be an Armor add-on rather than an item in inventory.

The other items all sound worthy of investigation of how to implement them.

cmguardia, Supay and Germanicus like this.
  5. Supay

Supay Captain

I also think since lots folks asked for drone getting extended range, this might be easier to implant through the technology chip!

Track Driver and Germanicus like this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Good idea. I would even extend your idea to weapons, with upgrades/ mods for various specialized tasks. Such mods would require some kind of workbench, maybe a unified workbench for the armor and weapons to avoid device bloat...

Playing Splinter Cell : Blacklist presently, this is what gave me this idea. Weapons and gadgets have to be customized prior to missions, and it adds some replay value to missions just to try different tactics for same goal.

Supay, Track Driver and Germanicus like this.
  7. Supay

Supay Captain

I love weapons mods, they got that in 7 days to die and love modding my guns.

8. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I've fielded a few suit module ideas previously as well, including a Rengenerative module that restores health, while depleting our calorie stores, and carrying-capacity augments, increasing our volume capacity while depleting our stamina, and stamina boosters, allowing us to sprint longer while increasing our stamina recovery time.

There's a lot that could be done here.

Supay likes this.
  9. Supay

Supay Captain

Yeah, I think of new stuff all the time that can be fit in a technology slot and I am wondering how hard it would be to do for the devs? Edit some numbers per technology or something?