Survival Tool vs Ore Deposits and Trees

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zztong, Aug 8, 2019.

1. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

(1) How about if the Survival Tool could only harvest ore from surface rocks, not deposits? I tried this on my most recent play-through and it worked out okay. It forced me to be out in the world more.

(2) How about if the Survival Tool could only harvest wood from smaller trees? That is, not the trees that have large trunks. I've not tried this, but it doesn't seem like a major complication. Perhaps better, greatly increase the amount of damage the large trees can take. This would keep drones from disintegrating them with two shots from their minigun.

ErikV70 likes this.
  2. ErikV70

ErikV70 Ensign

I agree. In earlier version you needed the drill to mine deposits. After some time being poor chopping rocks, drilling access to deposits was a great step forward. Just the kind of progress that makes a game like this interesting. I find it a great mistake that the survivaltool now can dig.

zztong likes this.
  3. Average

Average Ensign

I agree, although it would be nice if the default amount of mineral bearing rocks was increased at same time, as the pre-vehicle part of game is quite tedious because useful rocks are so rare, compared to the early vehicle part which is a lot of fun because you move so much quicker and smoother.

4. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

It would go back a few steps. It does not bother me at all. I liked to look for minerals by random rocks. It was more desperate and we moved around looking for resources.
    Now it is very difficult to die due to lack of resources!
    Although I quite like how the game is with the survival tool, it takes a bit of adjustment, small details.

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I think the survival tool just needs the terrain drilling substantially weakened. It's nice (and makes sense) for the player to be able to do some limited simple terrain manipulation from the start, but upgrading one's drilling equipment should be a major priority during the early game, and it just isn't as much with the current settings.

Vermillion likes this.