SV bombs and CV bombs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VISION305, Sep 16, 2017.

1. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

A devastating weapon that can be dropped from a bomb bay. This weapon should be placed under the ship. The bomb's explosion radius and effect is similar to the artillery only larger.

Bomb indicator hud shows you where the bomb would hit when dropped from your current speed, elevation and distance.

Balance out however you need to but I think that the mechanic of bomb runs should be in the game. They would be fun to have in this game.

2. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

3. michaelhartman89

Juat read this message while I'm standing in this bunker in Ali Al Salem, Kuwait.

That hole is where a bunker buster went through the roof and blew up Saddam's aircraft inside.

Whoever was standing in here at the time was probably vaporized.

I agree that it would be pretty sweet to have bunker busters in Empyrion.

TNTBOY479 likes this.
  4. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I'm not liking this it to powerful, BA already have a problem with longevity.
    We don't need to add more destruction.

That being said if the whole BA combat mechanics were change it might work.
    I personally believe the BA combat rule set should be different from Mobile SV/HV/CV's
    • Armor Blocks Can't be Destroyed by CV/HV/SV Weapons fire, Only the External Defenses can.
    • Anti BA weapons like your bomb are totally ineffective so long as the BA has External Defenses.
    • Once External Defense are taken Out you can bomb or breach the BA to be capture.
    • Player Bunker Buster weapon would put a small hole in a base (enough to walk through) but would also double the spawn rate of POI and call in reinforcement ships after x minutes. This could be extended to BA with adding NPC defenders and support calls to other BA's.
    • BA under Attack would also Send a distress message to all faction members.
    To help solidify these mechanics a BA needs to become a wanted asset for capture.
    • Shipyards, Remove the Factory, BA now must be manually built or require a drone assembly terrain block system. BA would need to be bigger than the ship they can creating, BA Size limit would be larger than CV size limits.
    • Supply Depots, CV/SV/HV can't build there own Blocks/Ammo and must get them from a BA. a CV can build SV/HV/BA and a SV/HV can only build BA. Player gear creation may also be rebalanced.
    • Repair Facilities, CV/SV/HV would need to go to a BA to get a complete automatic repair to original specs. Again the Size of the BA would dictate the max size of ship it can repair.
    • Manufacturing Center. BA Constructors are faster and more power efficient than the CV/SV/HV Counter Part
    • Power Station, BA can access alternative power system(Wind, Geo thermal, Hydro, Solar, Bio Vats, ...) allowing for the charging of portable battery system, These could be loaded into ships main battery blocks the more battery you add the more mass the block has.
    • Scrape Yard. Bring your old ships to a scrap yard and let it break it down into base Blocks. Add magnetic pads to ships to salvage other inoperable wreckage's
    • Recycling Center, Converts Blocks into raw ingots, Some loss may occur.
    • Mining Station, Allows access to Deep Core Mine Points, Remove the Auto miner

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    michaelhartman89 and Mortlath like this.
  5. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

I think bombing runs are too fun to give up. There needs to be a way to balance it out I agree but I think if enough interest was present that the community along with the devs can come up with a balanced solution. Bombing runs would really add a lot to the combat and be really fun.

Frankyln likes this.
  6. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I agree they would be fun but all I see is people whining it's to difficult, automate it. If bombing runs were skill based that be ok. They also need to carry risk. None of this orbital destruction.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  7. Arrowwolf245

Arrowwolf245 Ensign

drive bombing is much skilled, read that it was easy to learn how to do it. but took some time to master. some pilots started start dropping bombs with in 5 m after about 30 mins

8. michaelhartman89

Strange that when this thread was created I was stuck in Kuwait and here I am again now that it emerged from the bowels of Empyrion forums. I am in that same $#!+ hole. Gotta love the desert

9. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

If you wan't to try it out the reforged eden mod got a bomb bay for sv

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  10. Arrowwolf245

Arrowwolf245 Ensign

maybe , but bombs or a torpedo are a weapon that is missing for the vanilla.

11. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

yep vanilla is missing a lot , but who still play vanilla , i have not even one in my friend list who play EGS Vanilla

12. Arrowwolf245

Arrowwolf245 Ensign

I do , and if it were added to EGS Vanilla would be included as part the mods unless the bomb was disable/replaced