SV mouse controls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotSoSubtle, Dec 4, 2019 at 11:00 PM.

1. NotSoSubtle

NotSoSubtle Ensign

It's been a year since I've played, and as a returning player I like almost all of what I'm seeing. But I've hit a wall with the new SV controls, and I need a hand or I won't be able to advance.

SV controls used to move in the direction you pushed the mouse. This meant that you had to pick up the mouse to re-center it on your mousepad repeatedly to continue a turn, but it made for some very fine controls for combat. Also, to stop any turn the player only needed to stop moving the mouse.

The new controls puts a small circle on your hud. When you move the mouse the cursor moves, and the cursor controls a sustained turn away from the crosshair. However, the controls are overly sensitive, and the player must instantly move the cursor back to the crosshair to stop the turn.

I want to re-enable the old controls for SVs, if at all possible. I've tried to adapt for three or four game hours, and the new controls are unintuitive for a mouse and completely cripple the player for targeting in combat. If there is no optional toggle, I don't think I'll be able to adapt the the new system without purchasing other control hardware.

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

It's in the Control Panel's main page, "Pilot Mode". Just un-check it.

NewGame_1_2019-12-04_17-22-08.png

NotSoSubtle and wrenchinator like this.
  3. NotSoSubtle

NotSoSubtle Ensign

Thank you for the quick response!

Kassonnade likes this.
  4. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

Yes, that. I do not like Pilot Mode. I'd rather fly with HOTAS, but we're not quite there yet.