SV Start scenario (for 1.4)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by LiftPizzas, Jan 15, 2021.

1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

SV Start preview.jpg https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2354028875

Ok, I think it is ready so it's now released. This scenario has tons of changes that alter quite a few aspects of gameplay and progression, the complete list is on the workshop page. Includes a much more brutal and primitive early game, quicker combat, randomly-aggressive wildlife, redone tech access through materials only and completely eliminating XP, redone EVA mechanics and new supercold and superlava planet types for extreme PVE experiences, use of the full Zeta and Alien Towers POI sets, a Stun Gun, and binoculars.

I also put up a video going through the features.

And I'm doing a let's play series using the scenario :)

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Congratulations on the launch!

LiftPizzas likes this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Thank you for this scenario. SV brings back nostalgic memories to me. It is the first vessel I ever saw, repaired and flew back in 2015 during pre-Alpha on the desert type of that time named Omicron.

upload_2021-1-16_11-36-13.png

upload_2021-1-16_11-35-34.png

If you like to add the pre-Alpha Akua base I have the blueprint save on my WS. Use it any way you see it fit. :)

upload_2021-1-16_11-43-57.png

Akua Pre-Alpha creative base updated for v6

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I hoped the SV would bring back good memories for people who played back then. :) Thanks for the BP, I think I will beat up the base and make it into one of the "junk" sites. :) I still remember the view of the ocean from that Akua base on the creative world.

Myrmidon likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

@LiftPizzas : cool. Nice to see someone else agrees with slowing projectiles so we can be something else than flying tanks.

Regarding binoculars : now that we can make items with Unity, I can try making you some (if you still want some), but my only problem is this : how would I be able to share it ? I can put the FBX file on the forum, or I can put the bundles+item bundles, but these will get overwritten the moment you add something new, and if you don't have the source FBX in Unity when compiling the bundles the "binoculars" will not work after that. FBX ? Do you know how to make the bundles from Unity ?

LiftPizzas likes this.
  6. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah a 3-d model would be awesome. I haven't done anything in Unity. Can you put it a compiled bundle on dropbox instead of using the forum? Or just email it to me as an attachment?

Is it something I can drop into the sharedData folder for the scenario like with the icons and loading-screen images?

Kassonnade likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can give the bundle a custom name (like kass_models) and then point to that in the item config. That way you can still add your own bundles later on and it won't overwrite anything.

Kassonnade and LiftPizzas like this.
  8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

K. I'll try something later tonight. I will pm you, need to check something first with holding stuff and the player head turning the other way...

LiftPizzas likes this.
  9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I also tried making their weapons have spread, so they aren't all robotic perfect shots, and also limiting clip size so they'd have to reload instead of being metronomes. Both are ignored for the NPC weapons. :/

Another thing I wish we could alter: the POI turrets all firing perfectly aimed (including using psychic powers to read the player's controls), and all at the same time, at the same location.

SacredGlade and Kassonnade like this.
  10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Yes we need NPC reload....IT is more natural. Also for 3D models and Unity you can use your favorite 3D modeling software and then import your creations in Unity. And if you do this you need to be aware of how the two programs and Empyrion consider the axis, i.e. Blender and Empyrion have inverted Y and Z, if my memory serves me well.

ravien_ff and Kassonnade like this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Blender (2.83 +) FBX exporter works ok, no axis conversion necessary by simply enabling "experimental : apply transforms" in the exporter panel's options. Put Blender's scene scale to 1 ("scene" units = meters or "none") , make your model/ object, and before exporting move your model so its "origin" (the "anchor" point that will be at 0,0,0 in Unity) is at 0.5 meters below the floor in Blender ( Z axis) then in object / Apply / All Transforms. Just copy the FBX from there into Unity's folder where your project is. Don't use Unity's importer because it does not expose all the import options and can mess things up (they are in Unity\Editor\Data\Tools\Unity-BlenderToFBX.py).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    ravien_ff likes this.
  12. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Updated for V1.4 to include the cool binoculars made by Kassonnade.

Also:
    -Removed troop transports from starter planets,
    -Removed easy-access drone-launcher block from starter drone base, (used to be able to shoot it out and go right to the cargo room)
    -Locked cargo-room door (until core is destroyed) in starter drone base.

13. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

@LiftPizzas only just seen this thread - love the ideas you put in. Especially around the tech tree and factory! is the scenario 1.5x compatible?

14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Check it on WS.