T1 Multitool should use Biofuel

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by gamer1000k, Apr 10, 2019.

1. gamer1000k

gamer1000k Commander

I've just recently gotten back into playing Empyrion after a long break and did a fresh survival start.

One of the friction points I found early on has to do with the multitool. The multitool is the only way to recover blocks intact, and so is extremely useful for new/inexperienced players for correcting building mistakes, and for the early game to salvage your starter base/HV for blueprint resources.

However, the multitool requires multitool charges, which requires prometheum which is not an early game resource. Every other T1 tool and even vehicles (formerly fueled exclusively with prometheum) now use biofuel, but in what appears to be an oversight the multitool still requires prometheum.

I created a thread on the Steam forums and got lots of helpful suggestions, including how to edit the game myself.

I've made this change in my personal config file and it seems to work well without disrupting the early game.

My suggestion is like the title says, make the T1 multitool use biofuel instead of multitool charges. The T2 tool can continue to require prometheum.

On a side note, maybe all T2/T3 tools should use a common prometheum charge pack instead of having separate multitool and drill charges.

geostar1024 likes this.
  2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Promethium has been present on 5 of 7 of my most recent Starter planets, on the nearby moon on 6 out of 7, and in asteroids 7 of 7.

Multi tool and drill packs are pretty common raisins Zirax bases, and it’s hard to not find a Polaris trader selling them.

3. orcaman98

orcaman98 Ensign

You go raiding before you've even got enough tech and resources to get a multitool? I would also like to bring up the chicken-or-the-egg problem of needing a drill to mine promethium, and needing pro to use a drill.