Talon Monument

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hector G, May 23, 2020.

1. Hector G

Hector G Commander

Are there different versions of this POI? I feel like I have come across two versions one where it seems impossible to get up top without an SV and one where there is a direct path that goes right up. Maybe Ravien has a custom one for Project Eden or something but I'm playing the default scenario now and I don't see any way to get up the one the one I have in latest play through.

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    There are indeed different versions - but the one needed for the story is always close to the Talon settlement AND it is marked when you run their mission.

ravien_ff likes this.
  3. Hector G

Hector G Commander

Thanks for reply! Yeah never had a problem with the markers but can you get various versions of monument even for the quest?
    I was wondering if a completely 100% new player would know to come back later with SV or get frustrated trying to get up.
    Was just curious doesn't really matter don't mind me. :p

Fractalite likes this.
  4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    No, there shouldn't be different variants of the Monument for the QUEST. If that happens, there is something wrong. In this case I would like to ask you to write down the seed nr, the planet you are on and plz make a screenshot with the console open after using the 'stats' command.

5. Hector G

Hector G Commander

So which is correct one for quest? The one where player can walk up to the top? I know I have played this quest with one that had access to spiraling ramp in the middle that goes straight up but current seed (751188) the ramp is walled off.
    Temperate starting planet Asmad - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2108275880

I think it should be the version where player can walk up. Anyone can easily get to this point and even finish questline in a starter HV especially now that game prompts players to do so unless you get the walled off version of the monument.
    May seem obvious but some of the other quests mention you need SV to complete and it just seems like an odd obstacle in middle of the Talon narrative.

6. Hector G

Hector G Commander

I'm an idiot. It's not different versions it's just that the one on my seed is buried much deeper so the "entrance" is blocked. Still I could see it being confusing to new player but guess that's just bad luck on seed RNG.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    :D No worries.

Btw you can destroy the blocks to make yourself an entry, or digg or... That's sth I would like to leave to the player to find out.

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I don't have any custom ones for that POI group.
    I try to keep the default starter planets up to date to match the ones in the standard game so all the missions work on it etc (though sometimes my updates are delayed a bit). :D

9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Is that wise? I mean destroying a Block in Talon Territory? Or is the Monument not longer Talon Property?

10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Pretty sure it has a red name, so it should be an uncored non-talon POI.

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yes it has a Red Written Name... I asked because I wasn't sure what I saw recently:D
    CA12412915_2020-05-25_19-13-34.png

12. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

It's confusing still because the name is white (used to mean public) until you get within something like 300-500 meters and then it turns red.

I don't understand why it turns red honestly because that just makes the player think hostile POI like Zirax.

Hector G and Germanicus like this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

When I "detected" it I had the same impression. When it showed up visually I was a bit confused...:confused:

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  14. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Yeah, nothing like flying along thinking you are headed to an uncored or public POI and then suddenly once you are 300m away it turns red too late for you to do anything if it was a hostile POI.
    Granted, my brain knows it doesn't have the Zrx abbreviation in the name, but that red means bad is ingrained into us both in the game and in real life.
    It happens just like that with all uncored POI's I believe. Or maybe it was all uncored and/or unfactioned POI's. I can't remember anymore lol.

Germanicus likes this.
  15. Khazul

Khazul Captain

Yes - red means shoot first - questions later/cease to be relevant :)

Also annoying talon being in a shade of green considering they are usually victims of my first shotgun rampage...