Known Issue Tech Tree Colored Dots

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by krazzykid2006, Apr 30, 2020.

1. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Not new to A12 but I figured someone had to report it at some point.
    Mode: All
    Mode: All
    Reproducibility: Always
    Type: Tech Tree
    Summary: Not enough colored dots for all constructors.

Description: Ever since the HV constructor and small base constructor had their templates split up the tech tree has been short a colored dot and it no longer accurately represents where we can construct all items.
    The HV constructor and small base constructor don't make the same things anymore so that means we are missing a dot for the HV constructor in the tech tree.

We have 7 constructors and 6 dots. HV and SV constructor also have different templates so that dot can't be used.
    This could easily be solved if the HV and SV constructor had all the same templates and the name on the dot could just be changed to "HV/SV Constructor", as they used to be once upon a time.
    [​IMG]

2. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I would prefer to have it as a filter. This way I could see all of the tree or just the ones for each of the constructors. The little dots just make it confusing . Tick the Survival Constructor and then I would just see what it can build and at what level. Make all constructors as default.

Thorwine, Pach and Vermillion like this.
  3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

I agree that it's already a confusing mess in the tech tree (as I'm sure they are aware by now).

However, this is the scheme they choose to use, I'm just reporting a bug/oversight on their part ever since they split the 2 constructors. It needs resolved now so we can at least try to see where things are supposed to be crafted instead of waiting until they do an overhaul. So for the time being it needs a colored dot.

RazzleWin likes this.