Technologies

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cgw 2, Mar 7, 2021.

1. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

The game can be more interesting if:
    Fly around the worlds and buy or capture technology.

For example, engine technology.
    Fueled with substance X
    Has speed X
    Has power X
    Shaped X

And each race in different universes has different technologies.

For a long time I did not understand what was missing in the game.
    The problem with the game is that everything in the game is the same, monotonous.
    This will give the game variety.

This approach can extend the playing time in the game.

This interface is old and could be changed a lot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  2. Traveler

Traveler Ensign

The interface is functional imo, why change it? It is easy to understand.

3. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

If you introduce various rare things, and the main goal is to find technologies, then I think this interface will not be able to work the same way.

Simple, it's not interesting (boring).
    Interesting, when mysterious, you know that! that there is something there.
    But this is not yet available to you. And to get it you have to do something. Namely.
    - Buy
    - Capture
    - spend a lot of science points to invent this.

What is, these are basic things. to fly away.
    And what to add additionally those things that you just can't get, you need to do something to find them.

This is what can be a motivator to fly around the planets.
    Because I really don't see the point in flying around the planets of which there are a lot and they are all almost the same.
    It's boring.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Skavn likes this.
  4. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

So you're basically asking for a proper research system, well they always said that the tech tree was temporary and will be replaced with something more interesting, but now that we are out of EA I think it might not be the case anymore (just like the elusive factory rework), so it's here to stay, which is a shame because I think it's just an annoyance and it adds nothing to the game.

Skavn likes this.
  5. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Add Alien Technology - Super Speed -> Accelerates the movement of the ship for a short time

6. Darinth

Darinth Commander

I'd like to gain access to all of the alien tech on the various ships. My personal point of view is that if the aliens can do it, we should be able to as well. I'm okay with fudging the numbers a little bit from time to time, but by and large cool technology on a vessel that you'll never be able to utilize, let alone recreate, is one of those things that leaves a bit of a sour taste IMO.

Personally? Every time we salvage a piece of technology that we can't make, it should provide research towards being able to make it. So every zirax plasma turret we salvage gives (just as an example) between 6 and 10% research towards being able to make them. Once you reach 100%, you either automatically gain the ability to create it or you might have to spend research points. I'm good either way. Also give us a chance to salvage these items whole, few things would feel better than being able to successfully salvage a turret off of a ship after working to leave it intact while coring it.