CURRENTLY not reproducible Teleport throws you into infinite loading screen, restart lands you in deep space or near enemy POI

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by mgaag, Aug 11, 2022.

1. mgaag

mgaag Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.8
    Mode:MP
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:HWS RE
    SEED-ID:dunno

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:?

Reproducibility:yes
    Severity:big

Type:crash

Summary:Teleporting recently will go into infinite loading screen. If you kill the game and restart you are on the playfield in mid space and sometimes in shooting rannge of a POI. I am getting this at least once a day lately but tow times today. A few weeks ago this never happenmed.

Can you at least make it that if the teleport isnt completed you will be back where you started the teleport? With all your belongings? And not getting shot death instantly?

Even a playfield i just visited with teleporting produced the bug when i returned. Teleporting to trade stations around home.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Teleport
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

A Mueller likes this.
  2. A Mueller

A Mueller Ensign

Same thing happening to me. Playing Reforged Eden. Never happens in single player, but when I play co-op with one friend, it happens regularly. Happened 5 times last night in a two hour session. Once I am stuck on the loading screen and quit, I am no longer able to join back up, even though I am the one hosting the server. At that point, all parties have to exit server, server gets restarted, at which point I am able to log on again. Problem being I am usually 5 - 8 km away from nearest teleporter.

Frustrating enough that my friend no longer wants to play until this is fixed or a work around created.

As mgaag mentioned in the original post, please implement a fail safe, where after a certain time, we get returned to our starting teleporter and do not need to restart everything, affecting everybody that is trying to play.

3. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

I've occasionally had this happen in vanilla SP. It's never reliably reproducible, but when it happens I'm usually thrown onto the playfield at 0,0 but oddly at nearly 1000m above the ground. As though the game thought I was entering from orbit. Fortunately god mode is there to keep me from dying from the fall.

A Mueller likes this.
  4. BiffRoders

BiffRoders Lieutenant

To reproduce: (regardless of scenario, happens even with vanilla), play it for a number of days,/ 3 - 4 weeks. After that jump 10 or more so jumps in a single session to get across the system. I'm sure you will get the loading screen for 2 minutes then back to loading planets screen and does not proceed. You need to crash the client and try again only to end up in a NPC station ot something. After that it happens with frighteningly regularity. Clearing local cache does not help.
    Only seen it happen on MP due to not playing SP.