New Teleporter "toast" notification unexpected if Networked

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by zaphodikus, Mar 2, 2021.

1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Build: v1.4.2 3266
    Mode: Survival, Vanilla Start temperate world
    Mode: Single Player

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 172172

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Teleporter

Summary: A Teleporter that is networked still displays a tooltip/toast 'Press "F" to enter a teleport target', when in fact it's not possible to set a target on a Network linked teleporter, the tooltip should really be supressed, because pressing "f" has no effect at all.
    20210302190926_1.jpg

Description: Start a vanilla game using the seed 172172, which seems to be import to the repro, sicne I've never noticed this issue myself. Now godmode fly to the Polaris trade station, give yourself enough rep points with polaris faction rep local Pol 20000
    use teleporter to reach Space station, only to find that you cannot return.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Using the seed 172172
    Start a vanilla game and walk to the Polaris trade station, give yourself enough rep points with polaris faction rep local Pol 20000
    use teleporter to reach Space station, only to find that you cannot return.
    Workaround: Enter godmode, teleport to the surface again, and go to the Trade Station teleporter, face it and press "P", turn off the tickmark for "Network teleporter" turn on "Network Teleporter".

2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Very minor issue, I only spent time on it because I though it was caused by the same bug where pressing ALT+O never seems to open the blueprint save dialog, (I still have very high failure rate pressing ALT+O) so I assumed it was related to my incompetence at positioning the player.