TELEPORTERS does not work

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Mia, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Mia

Mia Commander

TELEPORTERS does not work. Or what do I do wrong?

Instead of teleporting to the POI in Orbit, I get into space.

I have been trying for hours to set up teleport ,nothing works :(

public@Hybrid Station:Malpaz Orbit

Also tried with Group Name:

public@HCSS:Malpaz Orbit

2. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Mia likes this.
  3. Mia

Mia Commander

There are already 3 Portals in the POI that lead to another Orbit and 2 planets.
    I tried to add Portal instead but it was wrong too.
    I tried to set up teleportals for:
    "public @ Hybrit Station: Malpaz Orbit"
    "exit @ Hybrid Station"

Attached Files:

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Did you set the name of the teleporter in the control panel of the space station? It needs to match exactly, case sensitive.

Mia likes this.
  5. Mia

Mia Commander

I do not know if I did right. In the control panel there is Name "Teleporter" so I changed Name to "Teleporter1", but it did not work I ended up in space again.

Attached Files:

6. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

You must put it EXACTLY as displayed in the 'Name' box
    You may rename it however (If you put Teleporter1, in the teleporter, it should be the exact same in the Name.
    I believe the syntax is supposed to be
    Teleporter_block_name@POI_name (I'm not 100% tho.. there may be playfield:poi_name or something.. )
    If you are still struggling to get it to work, consider hopping into creative / joining the alien faction, and investigating the default SP scenario: It have a teleporter from the radar POI to the Mainframe POI for instance.. Might help you out with the syntax?
    I believe there might also be older forum posts by Hummel, describing the syntax.. I don't have time to dig for them atm tho :)

Mia likes this.
  7. Mia

Mia Commander

I tried and did not work, but I do not know if I did right, it's too complicated for me.:(

8. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Mia likes this.
  9. Mia

Mia Commander

It's not your fault that teleportal is not working. I am grateful for all help and advice. :)

Exacute likes this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I can probably help you out tonight once I get on my pc. I got teleporters to work within playfield but have not tested between playfields. I'll get you the correct syntax.

Mia likes this.
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

For the following, make sure you are in GOD MODE or GOD MODE INVISIBLE. Type "gm" (without the quotes) into the console. You can then use the G key or type gm again to toggle god mode on or off. God mode is required to properly set up teleporters.

Step 1: Confirm the spawn name of your bases. For this example, I will use the names you provided. So make sure the space station base is called "Hybrid Station" exactly as shown, without the quotes.

Step 2: Add the teleporter(s) to said bases.

Step 3: From within the control panel of the bases, change the name of the teleporters. For example, let's call the teleporter on the space station Public. Note that the name is CASE SENSITIVE. Note that you set the name of the teleporter in the device list in the CONTROL PANEL, NOT by pressing F on the teleporter itself.

Step 4: After you have placed and named your teleporters on both bases, go to one of them and press F. This is where you set the DESTINATION of that specific teleporter. For this example, I'll assume that you are on the PLANET base and you want that teleporter to go to ORBIT, you'll want to type in the following, exactly, with proper spacing and capitalization:

Public@Hybrid Station:Malpaz Orbit

Then press enter to make sure the destination got saved correctly.

ENSURE PROPER CAPITALIZATION.

Now, repeat it for the base in orbit, except use the base and playfield name for the planet base.

So you'll want to go to the teleporter in orbit, press F, and type in something like the following:

Public@Hybrid Planet:Malpaz

Replacing "Hybrid Planet" with whatever the name of your planet base is.

Step 5: EXIT GOD MODE. Now, pressing F on one teleporter should teleport you to the other.

If following these instructions doesn't work, please take some screenshots of your teleporter configs and maybe we can figure it out. :D

Mia likes this.
  12. Mia

Mia Commander

Thank you for your help. Teleportal in Hybrid Station does not go to the planet, it's just a single trip.
    I'm trying to change the name of the teleporter in the control panel, so far not working, I'm not sure if I'm doing right.
    I'll try a little bit, and take pictures if it does not work.

I wonder Public in common cases is the name of Teleportal?

I had set up many teleportals in a scenario such as the Omega planet to Zhyiss Orbit, and they work.

13. Mia

Mia Commander

I made short video how teleportals do not work out in the game:

14. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Interesting.
    So Malpaz orbit is (assumingly) a 'manually named' playfield, yes?
    (I'm assuming so, since the teleport worked to the playfield in the first place)
    Seemingly, it is a bug then.
    You should take the video, seed id, etc, and create a bug report.. Seemingly you are doing 'everything right' (that I can think of anyway.. casing and such seems proper.. I'm not 100% about the 'public' tag is correct, but except that)

Mia likes this.
  15. Mia

Mia Commander

thank you, yes it is manually named playfield. I suspect it was bug. I switched to the new playfield but it was the same error again. I will report teleportes as a bug.

16. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hey @Mia ,

long time no see!
    I downloaded your scenario from the workshop.
    A lot of custom work you put into it, very nicely done!

Regarding Teleporters / Stargates I can answer you everything if I have a lot more details :)

For example the station from your video above - where is it?
    I tried to decrypt it from the video but failed to get the info
    upload_2018-7-7_17-10-32.png

The only detail I found and could work with is the Teleporter on your Hybrid Station.

upload_2018-7-7_17-11-25.png

You have set the destination to an exit device but your whole station has no exit device named

upload_2018-7-7_17-12-8.png

However, the true reason why your teleportation didn't work is because there is a space in your Hybrid Station name

upload_2018-7-7_17-16-32.png

So in reality the game requires the name "Hybrid Station " instead of "Hybrid Station".

As soon as you remove the space at the end from your name and set for example the exit properly, it works.

I made a little showcase:

upload_2018-7-7_17-17-42.png

upload_2018-7-7_17-17-57.png

After I got warped myself two times in the orbit without any logic reason, I remembered that the "ghost space" in names, could caused me hours of try and error in the past. A little lesson everyone will learn if messing around with Stargates ;)

Keep up the work with your nice scenario and if you have further questions / need help, let me know.

RexXxuS

Attached Files:

17. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Only thing you have to know: everything you want give a name, must be grouped. If something is not grouped, you can't give it a name, like this

upload_2018-7-7_17-35-49.png

So after you placed stuff on your base make sure to click the Auto Group button for example. Then select the device and you can name it in the center top

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Needleship, Mia and Exacute like this.
  18. Mia

Mia Commander

Thank you so much for all your advice RexXuS. :) I appreciate your time with my little scenario, I know you have a lot of work with programming and all servers.

That tower is xXx-Bunker in it's teleportal to Malpaz Orbit.

I had removed that "ghost space" in name Hybrid Station but I still ended up in space, but it could be one of the errors.

I'm trying now with the Group button and group name and change the teleporter name.
    I think I need a break until imorron for now everything went wrong.:confused:

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Looks like you should be able to get it up and running with the awesome advice the others gave you! Good luck! :D

20. Turtleman

Turtleman Ensign

Teleporters in the "In game Scenarios" still does not work as intended. I'm playing Shadow's of Starlight at the moment, but this also happened in Dawn of the Galaxy. Teleporting from Trading stations on planet, so far, spits me out some 5-600 meter away from the station in orbit (put on a helemt before teleporting!) leaving me to float in space. Last time I even got owned by a Zirax CV as I was trying to jetpack back to the Orbital Trading station. Fun. On the few times I've managed to "rescue myself" the teleporter BACK to the planet seems to work as intended. I would call this "Game Breaking", as you have no chance in hell to get your backpack if you've just started and don't have a suit.