PLZ Retest and Re-Report Texture of ramp dissapair after 230 meters

Discussion in 'Alpha 11 - Backlog' started by dQgnflua, Dec 15, 2019.

1. dQgnflua

dQgnflua Lieutenant

Since you lads have not made hangar doors that goes 45*, we do it our self =)
    But, the ramp wanish when seeing ship from 230 meters away!

Can you take a look?

sp, mp

just place it, and fly backwards in creative mode, and you will see it your self.

Tried on all video settings.

20191215153557_1.jpg 20191215153608_1.jpg

2. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Same pblm with Heavy Windows and all deco module.

3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

They still have the render distance screwed up on a TON of devices. We've pointed out the render distance issues many times in the past and they rarely ever do anything about it. They have been making everything de-render at lower and lower distances for a long time now, meanwhile performance gets worse and worse.

Like this one I've reported back in August with the warp drive.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ed-over-a-certain-distance.62915/#post-343186
    They never even attempted to fix it or increase the distance at all. Here's a video I just now shot. Still pops out of existence at 50 meters.

Or this one with the lights that suddenly don't work at 50 meters. I can't even see the lights from the other side of the room in some cases.

They keep lowering these render distances further and further into the mud and the game is suffering because of it, IMO.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  4. dQgnflua

dQgnflua Lieutenant

Soon been a month, and no response from any devs :-(

5. krazzykid2006

December 15th to January 2nd is not a month at all.
    Plus, they literally were gone pretty much that whole time on holiday (they should have been at least). Patience is a must right now. They are probably just now starting to get caught up on these reports.

As I already pointed out though, they don't have a very good track record at resolving these render distance issues. We've reported them before multiple times already and nothing was changed.
    Generally Hummel or someone says they will pass the info on so see if it can be adjusted, but it pretty much never is adjusted (or they make it even shorter distance).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Pear78 and Ephoie like this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I ll forward the issue with the ramps.

dQgnflua likes this.
  7. Pear78

Pear78 Commander

Ive reported armoured windows a few months ago. I stopped that build, it just looked too ugly from a distance. other things like the normal doors too.. 50m on those.

and amen, defo lights should be visible from further away. I now use textures in stead of lights often, at least they show as far as the blocks.

8. krazzykid2006

See, they spent so much time on the volumetric lighting feature and it's completely pointless because lights on POI's don't work past 50 or so meters.
    The only thing volumetric lighting does then is blind the player when they are trying to fly.
    Even more reason to completely disable volumetric lighting, IMO. It looks absolutely terrible when it's applied to our headlights on a ship, and it doesn't even work for POI's basically. It's pretty much a pointless feature.

The devs keep giving devices shorter and shorter render distances for performance reasons. The issue is that they are sacrificing immersion for performance. That's okay up to a point, and they keep crossing that point.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    dQgnflua likes this.
  9. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

The fix that should be done for this:
    Whatever freaking DSL render bullshit is set should be *tied* to your specially defined game option yaml. That is the intent of that, no? Why anything else would be hard coded to not use that is beyond me. If you insist on unloading these devices, make a new game options yaml property to set for 'sensitive devices'.

Pear78 likes this.