The Anvil Creative Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Escarli, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

For those wanting a different creative scenario to that of the default one. Perhaps you're just tired of the usual surroundings and want something different, or maybe you want some scenic/atmospheric screenshots for your workshop builds.

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2245844545

This is a creative scenario consisting of one planet and four moons.
    Preview.jpg

As seen on XCaliber's streams and used by JRandal for some of his workshop build screenshots

I'm happy for people to have this, however if you wish to use these in your scenario I would greatly appreciate it if you ask for permission first.

Plateau Planet
    Unique custom made planet you won't find anywhere else, created by myself
    Plateau 1.jpg
    Plateau 5.jpg

Burnt Desert
    Customised version of the ingame desert playfield with different textures and extra stamps. Use the command 'Weather Fog 1' for additional atmospheric effects for screenshots
    Burnt Dessert 1.jpg
    Burnt Dessert 5.jpg

Red Barren metal
    Customised version of the ingame Barren Metal. Has a red fog colour for atmospheric screenshots. Again to gain the fog effect please use 'Weather Fog 1' Has a gravity of 2G

Red Barren Metal 3.jpg
    Red Barren Metal 2.jpg

Yellow Barren Metal
    Created for JRandall upon his request for a version of the Red Barren metal but with a different fog colour. Otherwise this is exactly the same as the Red Barren Metal. Has a Gravity of 4G.
    Yellow Barren Metal 1.jpg
    Yellow Barren Metal 2.jpg

Desert
    The ingame Desert Planet with no changes, Requested to be put into the scenario by JRandall
    Dessert 1.jpg

Additional planets may come in time, I will continue to update this. If there's any issues let me know, otherwise....please enjoy :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  2. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Updated with an additional planet: Dark Metal

Highly customised version of the Barren Metal planet, has a gravity of 2G. Workshop link to the scenario can be found in the first post.

Dark Metal 2.jpg Dark Metal 3.jpg Dark Metal 4.jpg Dark Metal 5.jpg Dark Metal 6.jpg Dark Metal 1.jpg

Kassonnade likes this.
  3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I notice some regions have a high density of slim rocky peaks packed together. While it is nice to look at, these features are terrible to get the player stuck at the base because there's no space at the base between the steep cliffs, so it's essentially a "decorative" feature that players can not use/ explore/ build around etc.

I have seen such features on many playfields, and they all have that problem : no space at the base. Cracks and crevices are cool, but if players get stuck in the geometry it's bad. When using high Y scale values for a stamp, it's best to use a little smooth factor with it to avoid this situation.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  4. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

It's not intended to be a survival planet, it's a creative scenario ;) If folks want to build on it in creative they can do so but more than anything else it's a planet for visuals to get a different kind of picture of your build for the workshop.

Kassonnade likes this.
  5. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Now updated with the Demon class planet:
    Current Solar System.jpg Demon 1.jpg Demon 2.jpg Demon 3.jpg Demon 4.jpg Demon 5.jpg Demon 6.jpg

ravien_ff and Kassonnade like this.
  6. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Workshop link, same as original post but for ease can find it here.

Updated with two new planets:

Nyxia, a different type of temperate planet
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and the Destroyed planet.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]